Hard High School Visual Basic Class Home Work, Please
Author Message
 Hard High School Visual Basic Class Home Work, Please

Due date: Dec. 5, 2001 (before class)

In this project, you will build an Airline Reservations - a reservation system
for an airline flight. Assume the airplane has 2 rows with 3 seats in each row.
Use a two-dimensional array of strings to maintain a seating chart. In
addition, create an one-dimensional array to be used as a waiting list (size of
10) in case the plane is full. The waiting list should be "first come, first
served," that is, people who are added early to the list get priority over
those added later. Allow the user the following three options:

1. Add a passenger to the flight or waiting list.
a)      Request the passenger's name.
b)      Display a chart of the seats in the airplane in tabular form.
c)      If seats are available, let the passenger choose a seat. Add the
       passenger to the seating chart.
d)      If no seats are available, place the passenger on the waiting list.

2. Remove a passenger from the flight.
a)      Request the passenger's name.
b)      Search the seating chart for the passenger's name and delete it.
c)      If the waiting list is empty, update the array so the seat is
available.
d)      If the waiting list is not empty, remove the first person from the
list, and               give him or her the newly vacated seat.

3. Quit.

Wed, 19 May 2004 02:07:44 GMT
 Hard High School Visual Basic Class Home Work, Please
What is your question? We don't _do_ homework, and it would not be good if
we did, because then you would learn nothing. But if you get stuck, you can
ask specific questions and people are good to answer.

Quote:

> Due date: Dec. 5, 2001 (before class)

> In this project, you will build an Airline Reservations - a reservation
system
> for an airline flight. Assume the airplane has 2 rows with 3 seats in each
row.
> Use a two-dimensional array of strings to maintain a seating chart. In
> addition, create an one-dimensional array to be used as a waiting list
(size of
> 10) in case the plane is full. The waiting list should be "first come,
first
> served," that is, people who are added early to the list get priority over
> those added later. Allow the user the following three options:

> 1. Add a passenger to the flight or waiting list.
> a) Request the passenger's name.
> b) Display a chart of the seats in the airplane in tabular form.
> c) If seats are available, let the passenger choose a seat. Add the
>        passenger to the seating chart.
> d) If no seats are available, place the passenger on the waiting list.

> 2. Remove a passenger from the flight.
> a) Request the passenger's name.
> b) Search the seating chart for the passenger's name and delete it.
> c) If the waiting list is empty, update the array so the seat is
> available.
> d) If the waiting list is not empty, remove the first person from the
> list, and               give him or her the newly vacated seat.

> 3. Quit.

Wed, 19 May 2004 03:31:05 GMT
 Hard High School Visual Basic Class Home Work, Please

Quote:
>In this project, you will build an Airline Reservations - a reservation system

SethPn, make a start, have a good try, post your code and I'm sure
you'll get help here.

Good luck.

Regards.

--
Martin Trump

Wed, 19 May 2004 06:00:55 GMT
 Hard High School Visual Basic Class Home Work, Please

Quote:

>Due date: Dec. 5, 2001 (before class)

>In this project, you will build an Airline Reservations - a reservation system
>for an airline flight. Assume the airplane has 2 rows with 3 seats in each row.
>Use a two-dimensional array of strings to maintain a seating chart. In
>addition, create an one-dimensional array to be used as a waiting list (size of
>10) in case the plane is full. The waiting list should be "first come, first
>served," that is, people who are added early to the list get priority over
>those added later. Allow the user the following three options:

>1. Add a passenger to the flight or waiting list.
>a)  Request the passenger's name.
>b)  Display a chart of the seats in the airplane in tabular form.
>c)  If seats are available, let the passenger choose a seat. Add the
>       passenger to the seating chart.
>d)  If no seats are available, place the passenger on the waiting list.

>2. Remove a passenger from the flight.
>a)  Request the passenger's name.
>b)  Search the seating chart for the passenger's name and delete it.
>c)  If the waiting list is empty, update the array so the seat is
>available.
>d)  If the waiting list is not empty, remove the first person from the
>list, and               give him or her the newly vacated seat.

>3. Quit.

I would probably use a control array which concists of a series of
command buttons.  When a given seat is occupied then I would change
the value of the given command buttons caption to "occupied" or
"unoccupied".  You would have to store the names in another array.
When the user clicks a given command button use it's present caption
to determine what sort of sub you want to run.  For instance if the
seat is unoccupied then run a sub to quary the user for a name.  If it
is occupied quary the user if they want to change the seat to another
passanger or empty the seat.  If they want to change the seat call the
routine to unoccupy and then call the routine you wrote to occupy.

Good luck. I am sure if you make more of an effor you will get more
help.

I had to do the same assignment, but it was in college, and it was one
of the simpler assignments.  Wait till you get to the poker routine.

Thu, 20 May 2004 08:06:56 GMT

1. Visual Basic Final at School...HELP ME PLEASE

2. Visual Basic Final at School...HELP ME PLEASE

3. Visual Basic Final at School...HELP ME PLEASE!

4. Visual Basic 5 Night School

5. Visual Basic Training for Middle School Students

6. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

7. FROM PROBLEMS IN THE SCHOOL TO PROBLEMS IN THE HOME

8. high school network problem

9. good VB website(s) for high school CS teacher??

10. Which version of VB for high school lab?

11. Wanted: VB Textbook for High School

12. Any ideas for a high school VB project which highlights the features of VB