ODBC Drivers for Access ver 2.0
Author Message
 ODBC Drivers for Access ver 2.0

Quote:
> Does anyone know when there will be ODBC drivers for Access ver
> 2.0 available.  I am about to start a project and would like to
> use ODBC because their is the possibility of upsizing from a
> access database to something like SQL Server in the future.

> Thanks for any info.

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> |\| Russell Greenlaw, SrA, USAF  |\|

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

May be on the CD of Microsoft Visual C++.

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 19:19:22 GMT
 ODBC Drivers for Access ver 2.0
Does anyone know when there will be ODBC drivers for Access ver
2.0 available.  I am about to start a project and would like to
use ODBC because their is the possibility of upsizing from a
access database to something like SQL Server in the future.

Thanks for any info.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
|\| Russell Greenlaw, SrA, USAF  |\|

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Mon, 25 Aug 1997 22:54:42 GMT
 ODBC Drivers for Access ver 2.0

Quote:

>Does anyone know when there will be ODBC drivers for Access ver
>2.0 available.  I am about to start a project and would like to
>use ODBC because their is the possibility of upsizing from a
>access database to something like SQL Server in the future.

There are, right now. Order the Desktop Driver Kit from Microsoft.

Caution: they work real good. But the brain-damaged decision to make
Access table indices case-insensitive is gonna break lots of Access
software migrated out to a 'real' database like Informix or SQL Server.

(yes, folks, create a table with a unique index on a char() column and
try adding data in that column with text 'aaaa' and then 'AAAA'. Rejoice
- the clever kids in Redmond never thought anyone'd want to store
upper/lower case data and expect to index it).

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:50:19 GMT
 ODBC Drivers for Access ver 2.0
: Does anyone know when there will be ODBC drivers for Access ver
: 2.0 available.  I am about to start a project and would like to
: use ODBC because their is the possibility of upsizing from a
: access database to something like SQL Server in the future.
:
: Thanks for any info.
:
: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
: |\| Russell Greenlaw, SrA, USAF  |\|

: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Russell;
        I have the upgrade, it came with my VB Ver 3.0 Pro. on the
CD under I think the compatibilty layer. If you check Microsoft
they should be able to provide it else see me if all else fails.

Andrew Bowie

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 17:26:47 GMT
 ODBC Drivers for Access ver 2.0

Quote:
> Does anyone know when there will be ODBC drivers for Access ver
> 2.0 available.  I am about to start a project and would like to
> use ODBC because their is the possibility of upsizing from a
> access database to something like SQL Server in the future.

> Thanks for any info.

Well, I've got one. It is installed either by Access 2.0 or Excel 5.0a.
Can't remember which, although my guess is Access :-)

James
|  I'm free, to be whatever I,   |  James Gillies                   |
|  Whatever I choose             |  Dept of Physics, Reading Univ.  |

|  If I want                     |  Street: 89 De Beauvoir Road,    |
|   -'Whatever', Oasis           |          Reading,Berks,RG1 5NR   |
|'Notifier assertion botched: More than 1 paranoid using enumerator'|
|    - Sun workstation attempting to leave OpenWindows              |

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 22:48:38 GMT

1. Installing MS Access 2.0 ODBC drivers

2. Q: ODBC-Driver to ACCESS 2.0

3. Access ODBC 2.0 driver

4. ODBC drivers for Access 2.0 with level 2 compliance

5. Q: ODBC-Driver to ACCESS 2.0

6. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

7. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

8. ODBC Driver Pack V. 2.0

9. RDO 2.0 and Oracle 7.x ODBC drivers

10. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

11. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

12. access 1.1 ver 2.0