How can I write vertical text in a graphical style command button
Author Message
 How can I write vertical text in a graphical style command button

Hi,

i need to write vertical text in a graphical style command button.

how can i do it ?

to write with a <cr> after every letter is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Vago

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:03:16 GMT
 How can I write vertical text in a graphical style command button
One way would be to print your text into an Autoredraw Picture Box of the
same size as the button and then assign the image property of the Picture
Box to the Picture property of the button. In that way you can use CurrentX
and CurrentY to position your characters wherever you want and arrange them
exactly as needed. You can also use some "rotated text" code to draw rotated
text into the Picture Box if you want to. If you already have a picture that
you want to use as the "background" of the button text then load that
picture into the Picture Box before you draw your text. Set the Caption
property of the button to an empty string.

Mike

Quote:
> Hi,

> i need to write vertical text in a graphical style command button.

> how can i do it ?

> to write with a <cr> after every letter is not an option.

> Thanks in advance.

> Vago

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:12:58 GMT
 How can I write vertical text in a graphical style command button
A simple way to do it is to use the windows paint program and create a sized
picture of a button with the text and background color you would like and
then rotate it first by 90% and then by 180%. Flipping it first will give
you the direction you would like the letters to face. After you save the
picture of the button add the picture to your command button's picture
property in your VB project.

Gary
http://www.dataemissions.com

Quote:
> Hi,

> i need to write vertical text in a graphical style command button.

> how can i do it ?

> to write with a <cr> after every letter is not an option.

> Thanks in advance.

> Vago

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:09:10 GMT
 How can I write vertical text in a graphical style command button
A few weeks ago Mike Williams posted a very nice demo of how to write
at any angle on any object that can be Printed on - Printer,
Picturebox etc

If you hunt through DejaVu you should find it - then just have an
invisible Picturebox, print on it and move the Picture to the
Comandbutton

Quote:

>A simple way to do it is to use the windows paint program and create a sized
>picture of a button with the text and background color you would like and
>then rotate it first by 90% and then by 180%. Flipping it first will give
>you the direction you would like the letters to face. After you save the
>picture of the button add the picture to your command button's picture
>property in your VB project.

>Gary
>http://www.dataemissions.com

>> Hi,

>> i need to write vertical text in a graphical style command button.

>> how can i do it ?

>> to write with a <cr> after every letter is not an option.

>> Thanks in advance.

>> Vago

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:50:01 GMT

1. writing vertical text in a graphical style command button

2. Vertical text on command button

3. XP Styles Manifest and Graphical Buttons

4. Hover Button style command buttons in Access 97?

5. Dynamic Graphical Command Buttons

6. Graphical command buttons

7. Graphical Command Button

8. Graphical Command Buttons

9. graphical command buttons

10. Runtime create graphical command button?

11. How to align picture on graphical command button

12. Graphical Command Button Picture Disabled Color