Am I missing something?
Author Message
 Am I missing something?

When I got my VB5 I sent in the card and got the manuals a couple weeks
later. I thought I had them all, until I saw a MicroSoft VB5 manual at
the bookstore that I don't have.
         I appologize for not remembering the title, but it is about three
inches thick, costs $40 at and *may* have the word "Environment" in the
title. (I already have the following: Programmers Guide, Component Tool
Guide, Guide to Data Access Objects/Crystal Reports)
        What is frustrating to me as a geezer programmer is that I cannot find
in the manuals that I have, the most important information that compiler
manuals should have; the COMMAND SET! (a list of the available commands)
        Grrrrr.

Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something?

Alot of people, including myself, prefer to have a hard copy of help
information in front of them as they program.  It's alot easier to shuffle
a few papers or flip a few pages than to task-switch and search, then go
back to the program again, etc.  Maybe in the day when we all have 30"
monitors...
--
Remove nospam X's to reply

Quote:

> Manuals???  Why not BooksOnline?  Commands are all available there....
> --
> Cameron Mathews, Senior Partner
> Design Team Chair
> MFS Internet Design Teams/Software Development Group
> http://www.mfsteams.com

>   Get PR-Tracker -- tracks problem reports, defects, bugs
>   INFORMATION:  http://www.prtracker.com/info.html
>   DOWNLOAD:     http://www.prtracker.com/download.html

Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something?

Quote:
> Maybe in the day when we all have 30" monitors...

Not me!  I think I'd go bald even faster than I am now!
--
Keith Benedict
Software Engineer

US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer / modem / printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.  Sec. 227
(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti{*filter*}t
to such equipment.  Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the
aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.

Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something?

Quote:

> Alot of people, including myself, prefer to have a hard copy of help
> information in front of them as they program.  It's alot easier to
> shuffle
> a few papers or flip a few pages than to task-switch and search, then
> go
> back to the program again, etc.  Maybe in the day when we all have 30"
> monitors...

Then we'll have programs that fully use 30" monitors.

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1.om.hp.com

Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something?

Quote:

> Alot of people, including myself, prefer to have a hard copy of help
> information in front of them as they program.  It's alot easier to
> shuffle a few papers or flip a few pages than to task-switch and
> search, then go back to the program again, etc.  Maybe in the day
> when we all have 30" monitors...

  Agreed, although I don't think it's a problem with monitors.  I just
don't seem to retain the knowledge as well when I use online books.
When I can sit down, not have the computer to distract me, I retain the
info so much better.
  Plus, you can take your books so many places you can't take your
computer.  The bathroom comes to mind . . .  :)

 American Die Technology

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something?

yes, Books Online is nice, but not all of us have the 32 megs of ram and
the 10,000rpm hard disk to make it useful for "quick" look-ups.
--

The truth is out there?

Quote:
> Alot of people, including myself, prefer to have a hard copy of help
> information in front of them as they program.  It's alot easier to
shuffle
> a few papers or flip a few pages than to task-switch and search, then go
> back to the program again, etc.  Maybe in the day when we all have 30"
> monitors...
> --
> Remove nospam X's to reply

> > Manuals???  Why not BooksOnline?  Commands are all available there....
> > --
> > Cameron Mathews, Senior Partner
> > Design Team Chair
> > MFS Internet Design Teams/Software Development Group
> > http://www.mfsteams.com

> >   Get PR-Tracker -- tracks problem reports, defects, bugs
> >   INFORMATION:  http://www.prtracker.com/info.html
> >   DOWNLOAD:     http://www.prtracker.com/download.html

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access Runtime - Am I Missing Something?

2. AM I missing something - Sum and Cumulative Sum

3. VBA For Dummies --- Am I missing something here?

4. Am I missing something?

5. Am I missing something?

6. Am I missing something incredibly easy?

7. Am I missing something in the DHTML Editor?

8. Undraggable controls: Am I Missing something???

9. Am I missing Something?

10. Am I missing something here ...? Instr Function

11. RegEx: Am I missing something?

12. Usercontrol properties - Am I missing something???