Help with a search for Capital letters???? Please
Author Message
 Help with a search for Capital letters???? Please

Ok, I am searching a text file Here is some of my code in VB4.
Open "c:\read.txt" For Input As #1
Line Input #1, x$
  text1 = InStr(x$, "help")

What I would like to know is there a way to search for CAP's. Most of the time
my words are in all CAP's so I could key on that. I would take any help you can
give..

Thanks
Ed

BTW: Is there a control for the windows95 open dialog box??

Thu, 18 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with a search for Capital letters???? Please

Hi Ed
If I understand your question, check out these:
Option Compare Statement - Sets comparing characters
to either binary or text.
UCase() - Converts all characters to upper case
--
Have a good day.
Don

Programming has a multitude of CORRECT solutions
for each problem.
Just like there are a multitude of different ways to
skin a cat. But, no matter how you do it, the cats
not going to like it.

Quote:
> Ok, I am searching a text file Here is some of my code in VB4.
> Open "c:\read.txt" For Input As #1
> Line Input #1, x$
>   text1 = InStr(x$, "help")

> What I would like to know is there a way to search for CAP's. Most of the time
> my words are in all CAP's so I could key on that. I would take any help you can
> give..

> Thanks
> Ed

> BTW: Is there a control for the windows95 open dialog box??

Thu, 18 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to search for words with capital initial letters

2. How to search a string for Capital letters?

3. Automatic Capital Letter for 1st Letter???

4. Automatic Capital Letter for 1st Letter???

5. Capital Letter Conversion

6. Capital letters in Excel

7. Find Capital Letters

8. Allowing me to type chars with no number but Capital LETTERS

9. PROBLEM WITH CAPITAL LETTERS IN BASIC

10. FileListbox that can show capital letters

11. Capital Letters

12. Allowing me to type chars with no number but Capital LETTERS