NetServerEnum API
Author Message
 NetServerEnum API

Quick question out there for the people with network api experience:

I'm using the NetServerEnum API to retrieve file shares on systems within
our network, usually it runs with no problems but on occasion (10%) it
stalls for around 20 seconds.  During this period my program looks, to all
effects, to have frozen.  Is there anywhere I can set a timeout for this and
other net api functions?

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated-

CrazyAtlantaGuy

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:22:18 GMT
 NetServerEnum API
The call is blocking the calling thread; nothing you can do.

The only way is to make the call from a seperate thread, or
from an out of process COMponent. It should be simple enough
to build this into a out of process EXE if it's not a time-critical
process.

+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+
Monte Hansen - MVP VB
http://KillerVB.com
+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+

Quote:
> Quick question out there for the people with network api experience:

> I'm using the NetServerEnum API to retrieve file shares on systems within
> our network, usually it runs with no problems but on occasion (10%) it
> stalls for around 20 seconds.  During this period my program looks, to all
> effects, to have frozen.  Is there anywhere I can set a timeout for this and
> other net api functions?

> Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated-

> CrazyAtlantaGuy

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 02:16:20 GMT

1. Netserverenum API

2. NetServerEnum api help

3. Help with NetServerEnum API???

4. NetServerEnum API Source code required

5. NetServerEnum Api

6. NetServerEnum API Source code required

7. Help Converting C# NetServerEnum code

8. netserverenum or something similar

9. NetServerEnum

10. NetServerEnum / NetGetDCName

11. Help with NetServerEnum functionality

12. NetServerEnum & SV_TYPE_TERMINALSERVER