COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)
Author Message
 COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)

I have a VB project which I can load into VB5 Prof (ServicePack3) on my
windows98 pc.
The project is made of a few forms, modules and classes, all located in
one directory.

I copied the entire directory from the first computer to the 2nd
computer (via my small LAN)
When I try to load the project, VB5 tells me it can't load COMCTL32.OCX.

I have tried to unregister and re-register it and all looks ok.

So I decided to delete the windows and program file directories.
I re-installed windows98 and VB5 and VB5SP3 (and also DataWidgets which
I use in my project).
But I get the same error.

Maybe I should have formatted before re-installing win98.
But it wouldn't make sense, since I did a deltree on the windows and
program files directories from a DOS floppy boot.
Everthing should be fresh.

I have tried un-registering and re-registering the OCX again.
I have even deleted it from the registry per Q221990 of MSKB.

Does anyone have any ideas.....
All and any information would be greatly appreciated.

G.Doucet

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:35:02 GMT
 COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)
Check the version information on the control.  Also, maybe you could open
your .vbp file and make sure it is pointing to the correct file.

Quote:
> I have a VB project which I can load into VB5 Prof (ServicePack3) on my
> windows98 pc.
> The project is made of a few forms, modules and classes, all located in
> one directory.

> I copied the entire directory from the first computer to the 2nd
> computer (via my small LAN)
> When I try to load the project, VB5 tells me it can't load COMCTL32.OCX.

> I have tried to unregister and re-register it and all looks ok.

> So I decided to delete the windows and program file directories.
> I re-installed windows98 and VB5 and VB5SP3 (and also DataWidgets which
> I use in my project).
> But I get the same error.

> Maybe I should have formatted before re-installing win98.
> But it wouldn't make sense, since I did a deltree on the windows and
> program files directories from a DOS floppy boot.
> Everthing should be fresh.

> I have tried un-registering and re-registering the OCX again.
> I have even deleted it from the registry per Q221990 of MSKB.

> Does anyone have any ideas.....
> All and any information would be greatly appreciated.

> G.Doucet

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:28:57 GMT
 COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)
Try:
1.Remove Control in all forms.
2.Remove ocx from tollbox
3.Applay
4.Add ocx to tollbox
5.Add control in forms
--
Miro

Quote:
> I have a VB project which I can load into VB5 Prof (ServicePack3) on my
> windows98 pc.
> The project is made of a few forms, modules and classes, all located in
> one directory.

> I copied the entire directory from the first computer to the 2nd
> computer (via my small LAN)
> When I try to load the project, VB5 tells me it can't load COMCTL32.OCX.

> I have tried to unregister and re-register it and all looks ok.

> So I decided to delete the windows and program file directories.
> I re-installed windows98 and VB5 and VB5SP3 (and also DataWidgets which
> I use in my project).
> But I get the same error.

> Maybe I should have formatted before re-installing win98.
> But it wouldn't make sense, since I did a deltree on the windows and
> program files directories from a DOS floppy boot.
> Everthing should be fresh.

> I have tried un-registering and re-registering the OCX again.
> I have even deleted it from the registry per Q221990 of MSKB.

> Does anyone have any ideas.....
> All and any information would be greatly appreciated.

> G.Doucet

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:48:32 GMT

1. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

2. Cannot load comctl32.ocx

3. Transferring a VB5 project to another PC : COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

4. Microsoft VB5 problem loading comctl32.ocx

5. vb5 comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx (version 5.00.3828)

6. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

7. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

8. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

9. Ocx cannot be loaded Vb5 Nt4

10. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

11. I am tired of COMCTL32.OCX

12. I am tired of COMCTL32.OCX