Adding program icons to start menu + desktop
Author Message
 Adding program icons to start menu + desktop

This may seem like a petty question, but how might I go about adding Windows
95/98/2000 start menu + desktop items? I cant seem to find code to do this
that functions properly in Visual Basic 5.0. Thank you in advance :)

Sincerely
Jakal

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 00:15:42 GMT
 Adding program icons to start menu + desktop
You could use the fCreateShellLink API function as below. Here are the
explanations of the parameters.  I got all this from www.allapi.net.

Jennifer

lpstrFolderName
folder where to create the link

lpstrLinkName
text caption for the link

lpstrLinkPath
full path to the target of the link

lpstrLinkArguments
command-line arguments for the link

Private Declare Function fCreateShellLink Lib "VB5STKIT.DLL" (ByVal
lpstrFolderName As String, ByVal lpstrLinkName As String, ByVal
lpstrLinkPath As String, ByVal lpstrLinkArgs As String) As Long
Private Sub Form_Load()
    'KPD-Team 1999

    ' -> code by Raist Lin
    'Create a shell link on your desktop
    lngresult = fCreateShellLink
("..\..\Desktop", "LINK", "C:\myfile.exe", "")
End Sub

Quote:
> This may seem like a petty question, but how might I go about adding
Windows
> 95/98/2000 start menu + desktop items? I cant seem to find code to do
this
> that functions properly in Visual Basic 5.0. Thank you in advance :)

> Sincerely
> Jakal

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:04:57 GMT

1. Adding Icons to desktop and start menu in VB5

2. Creating Start Menu Program Items & Desktop Shortcuts

3. Creating Start Menu Program Items & Desktop Shortcuts

4. VB5 Install Program: adding icon to desktop

5. Icon in Start | Program menu

6. Adding to Start/Programs/MyApp menu

7. How to add programs to the start menu.

8. Add program Icon to a Menu

9. Add program Icon to a Menu...

10. Icons, and Menu Items on the Start Menu.

11. How do you add menu entries to a minimized VB program icon on the Win 95 Start Menu

12. how to creat a program group/icons in start/programs in VB5