...Need advice on VB books
Author Message
 ...Need advice on VB books

i looking for a good Visual Basic book to read and learn...
this would be my first pro{*filter*} language, please help...
thanks...

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ...Need advice on VB books
blkbelt7,

For an introduction to programming using VB you might want to take a look
at:

"Programming in Visual Basic 6.0"

By

Julia Case Bradley and Anita C. Milspaugh

ISBN:  0-07-233513-0

Hope this helps,

Kerry Moorman

Quote:

>i looking for a good visual basic book to read and learn...
>this would be my first pro{*filter*} language, please help...
>thanks...

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ...Need advice on VB books
MS Press has four must have books, controls, language, components and
programming. Total cost is less than $100.00. Gives you everything from API to
Multimedia controls

Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library (3 set) and MS Visual Basic 6.0
Programmers Guide

Hope this helps!

Michael Bragg, Programmer (yeah right)
SolTec, LLC
Solutions Technology

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ...Need advice on VB books
i have found this wrox book to be an excellent piece of work...

http://www.*-*-*.com/

other wrox books are also excellent.

good luck.

Quote:

> i looking for a good visual basic book to read and learn...
> this would be my first pro{*filter*} language, please help...
> thanks...

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ...Need advice on VB books
I agree. They have one called Professional Visual Basic 6 Databases
that I used a lot (in addition to the one Jeff recommends).

Robin
nightingale at home don't spamme dammit dot com

Quote:

> i have found this wrox book to be an excellent piece of work...

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> other wrox books are also excellent.

> good luck.

> > i looking for a good visual basic book to read and learn...
> > this would be my first pro{*filter*} language, please help...
> > thanks...

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ...Need advice on VB books
This is right up my alley because I have just started VB6 two months
ago, have bought four books for beginners and read them all.
In my opinion Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 6 is the best. My class
is usingProgramming in Visual Basic by Bradley and Millspaugh and is a
fair text. The Wrox publishing book Beginning Visual Basic 6 by Peter
Wright is a very good book, but really jumps around. I found it a bit
disorganized at first, but now is one of the best books for me. The
Visual Basic for Dummies by Wang is useless. Although I don't have a
copy of the Que book, I have downloaded half a dozen chapters and it
is good, as most Que publications.
Good luck, and you will find that VB 6 is amazing and very habit
forming, I absolutely love it.

Gus

Quote:

>I agree. They have one called Professional Visual Basic 6 Databases
>that I used a lot (in addition to the one Jeff recommends).

>Robin
>nightingale at home don't spamme dammit dot com

>> i have found this wrox book to be an excellent piece of work...

>> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>> other wrox books are also excellent.

>> good luck.

>> > i looking for a good visual basic book to read and learn...
>> > this would be my first pro{*filter*} language, please help...
>> > thanks...

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. need advice on VB database books

2. Need advice on QuickBASIC book.

3. Need advice on Basic Book

4. Any advice for a good VB .net book?

5. Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5

6. Need VB Version Advice

7. Object Oriented VB - Need advice

8. VB.NET and ADO Advice Needed

9. need advice to convert VB app to ASP!

10. Need advice - is VB up to the job?????

11. Need VB advice !

12. Need advice about Codebase 6.2 and VB 5.0