Visual Basic IRC?
Author Message
 Visual Basic IRC?

Has anyone ever created an IRC client or an IRC "bot' using visual
basic.  I am trying to create a program that will react to commands
sent to it through an IRC channel.

I built a Visual Basic controlled robot that drives around the
apartment sending video via. Cuseeme to the net.  It can be controlled
though my home page or by a TCP/IP client/server program I wrote.  I
want to add IRC controll now.  Something like "!left 45" on a given
channel would make it turn 45 degrees left.

I am fairly familiar with some of the TCP/IP vbx's out there.  I have
written several clients and servers using them.  If I can't check out
someone else's code I guess a detailed desciption of the IRC
communications protocol would be a good place to start.

Thanks.

Wed, 25 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic IRC?

Quote:

>Has anyone ever created an IRC client or an IRC "bot' using visual
>basic.  I am trying to create a program that will react to commands
>sent to it through an IRC channel.

<snip>

Quote:
>I am fairly familiar with some of the TCP/IP vbx's out there.  I have
>written several clients and servers using them.  If I can't check out
>someone else's code I guess a detailed desciption of the IRC
>communications protocol would be a good place to start.

>Thanks.

I have written a basic IRC client in VB, it is fairly straight forward, beings how IRC is
text based, using key words, and numeric commands.  There is a 60+ page document that covers
just about everything you could need to know about it.

All the information you need is availiable in the Request For Comments 1459,
availiable via anonymous ftp to nic.ddn.mil/rfc/rfc1459.txt

--
  PitLord:  Master of The Pit BBS  (509) 762-1258  14.4  VBBS 6.14a
The Pit BBS: Serving up fun and games for Washington's Columbia Basin

Fri, 27 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic IRC's

2. Visual Basic IRC channel?

3. IRC and Visual Basic

4. Dedicated IRC channel to Visual Basic

5. IRC Internet Relay Chat and Visual Basic

6. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

7. Difference between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.Net

8. Visual basic 4 to Visual basic 6

9. Visual Basic 3.0 to Visual Basic 6.0

10. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

11. Visual basic programs - connect to a server - Visual Basic 5 Enterprice Edition