Volume control
Author Message
 Volume control

Does anyone know how to allow the user to change the volume of your PC in a
VB application?

I have looked around for the API's but I did not have any luck.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks,

P.J.

Patrick A. Johnson
Lansing Solution Centre
905 Southland
Lansing, MI  48910
(517) 885-3544 [8-265]
NO SPAM please (to reply change mail to com)

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Volume control
Does anyone know how to allow the user to change the volume of your PC in a
VB application?

I have looked around for the API's but I did not have any luck.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks,

P.J.

Patrick A. Johnson
Lansing Solution Centre
905 Southland
Lansing, MI  48910
(517) 885-3544 [8-265]

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Volume control
Specifies the volume, in hundredths of decibels.

Syntax

[form.]object.Volume [ = long ]

Settings

long Numeric expression that specifies the audio volume, in hundredths of
decibels. The default value is zero.

Data Type

Long

Remarks

The value ranges from -10,000 to 0. The value 0 is full volume and -10,000
is no volume. Not all devices support 10,000 discrete steps of volume.

Run-time access: read/write. Design-time access: read/write.

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to allow the user to change the volume of your PC in
> VB application?

> I have looked around for the API's but I did not have any luck.

> Any help would be appreciated,

> thanks,

> P.J.

> Patrick A. Johnson
> Lansing Solution Centre
> 905 Southland
> Lansing, MI  48910
> (517) 885-3544 [8-265]
> NO SPAM please (to reply change mail to com)

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Volume control

Quote:

> Specifies the volume, in hundredths of decibels.

> Syntax

> [form.]object.Volume [ = long ]

The object here is the Active Movie control.

Quote:

> > Does anyone know how to allow the user to change the volume of your PC in
> > a VB application?

See 'How to Control the Volume of Sound Files from Visual Basic' in MSDN.
Involves using waveOutSetVolume().

--
MikeC

Please reply to the group.

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Volume control

Quote:

> Specifies the volume, in hundredths of decibels.

> Syntax

> [form.]object.Volume [ = long ]

The object here is the Active Movie control.

Quote:

> > Does anyone know how to allow the user to change the volume of your PC in
> > a VB application?

See 'How to Control the Volume of Sound Files from Visual Basic' in MSDN.
Involves using waveOutSetVolume().

--
MikeC

Please reply to the group.

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Volume control
Specifies the volume, in hundredths of decibels.

Syntax

[form.]object.Volume [ = long ]

Settings

long Numeric expression that specifies the audio volume, in hundredths of
decibels. The default value is zero.

Data Type

Long

Remarks

The value ranges from -10,000 to 0. The value 0 is full volume and -10,000 is
no volume. Not all devices support 10,000 discrete steps of volume.

Run-time access: read/write. Design-time access: read/write.

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to allow the user to change the volume of your PC in
> VB application?

> I have looked around for the API's but I did not have any luck.

> Any help would be appreciated,

> thanks,

> P.J.

> Patrick A. Johnson
> Lansing Solution Centre
> 905 Southland
> Lansing, MI  48910
> (517) 885-3544 [8-265]
> NO SPAM please (to reply change mail to com)

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Form control and sound-volume control???

2. Form control and sound-volume control???

3. Volume Control from ACC v2.0

4. Volume Control On a AWE64

5. VB5: Win95 sound volume control

6. MCI and sound volume control

7. Volume Control

8. Volume control

9. Volume control, please direct a newbie

10. volume control and sound recording in vb5

11. Volume Control MUTE status?

12. VB.NET Volume Control