Keyboard lockup after Shell("command.com ", 1) Why???
Author Message
 Keyboard lockup after Shell("command.com ", 1) Why???

Hello,

I am programing a GUI to some simulation software written in fortran.
The main executable is 10MB+. I call this program with the good old
shell function:
ReturnValue = Shell("flipsim.exe", 1)

However after the program is finished running and I close the DOS box If
I spawn another command interpreter from the GUI:
ReturnValue = Shell("command.com", 1)

The keyboard is not active for that DOS window. If I open a DOS window
outside of my app everything is O.K.

I have also tried the ExecCmd function (with the API calls) but the same
thing happens.

Any suggestions or tips for this?

thanks,

-avery

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shell("Command.com")

2. the "shell" command

3. "SHELL" command blues :(

4. Shell Command: "how do you...."

5. Synchronized problem about "SHELL command"

6. VBS equivalent to "Shell" command

7. "com :" - commands

8. "com :" - commands

9. "com :" - commands

10. Why does Shell("Command.com") starts CONAGENT.EXE?

11. Why does Shell("Command.com") starts CONAGENT.EXE?

12. Could not find "keyboard"