A simple question - please help
Author Message
 A simple question - please help

Hi there,

Can any one help with this one?

I am writing a small app to compile vb projects - what I wanted was to
create an instance of the vb ide - load a project call the make function on
that project and then close the project and then instance of the ide.  I
would then - depending upon the result of the compilation compile the next
project in my list. - I have the app up and running but at the moment I am
having to shell off an instance of the vb ide with the /m command line
parameter and the name of the project I want to compile. - this is ok, but
if one of the projects fail to compile then I want to stop and I currently
don't have a way of checking to see if the project compiled successfully.

I would like to know

a) How come I can't create an instance of the VB IDE within my app? - I
think I have referenced the right libraries and I have tried using
CreateObject and 'New'  - neither worked. - Is there something else I should
be doing?

b) How can I find out the return value of an application when it closes
down? - Is there such a method available when I have 'shelled-off' an
application?

AHA
TIA

Cheers

Jeremy

Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simple question, please help!

2. Simple question, Please Help!!! :)))

3. Simple question...please help

4. Simple Question, Please help!!! :)))

5. Very simple question - PLEASE HELP !!! :-)

6. Simple question, please help?!

7. MDI simple questions - please help

8. Simple question, please help!

9. Simple question - please help me arghhh!!!!!!!!

10. SIMPLE SIMPLE ListView Question. Please help

11. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

12. SIMPLE QUESTION, please SIMPLE ANSWER