Package & development Wizard using today's date not original dates????
Author Message
 Package & development Wizard using today's date not original dates????

Yesterday, I installed VB6 (with SP3) and used the Package and Deployment
wizard on four of my programs and it worked very well. It's much better than
the old Wizard in VB5.

However, today is different.  All the dates of all my files in the "Support"
folder are changed to today's date and time. Today's date and time are also
found on all the files in the CAB file. I need to maintain the original
dates so we can tell what versions other people are using, so I can't use
the wizard until I can figure out what is happening

I have rebooted my system twice. I see no switch to tell the  Wizard to use
original file dates.

Anyone also have this problem and know a solution?

Doug in Iowa

--

HTTP:\\WWW.V-Soft.com
V-Soft Communications(R)

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Package & development Wizard using today's date not original dates????
Hi Doug,

My support folder files don't have today's date. I suspect there is some
switch that somehow got turned on.

If you find out let me know if I should add it to the list of bugs I have
listed at http://www.teeitup.com/vbbugs.htm.

David L. Beckwith

Quote:
> Yesterday, I installed VB6 (with SP3) and used the Package and Deployment
> wizard on four of my programs and it worked very well. It's much better
than
> the old Wizard in VB5.

> However, today is different.  All the dates of all my files in the
"Support"
> folder are changed to today's date and time. Today's date and time are
also
> found on all the files in the CAB file. I need to maintain the original
> dates so we can tell what versions other people are using, so I can't use
> the wizard until I can figure out what is happening

> I have rebooted my system twice. I see no switch to tell the  Wizard to
use
> original file dates.

> Anyone also have this problem and know a solution?

> Doug in Iowa

> --

> HTTP:\\WWW.V-Soft.com
> V-Soft Communications(R)
> Broadcast Engineering Software & Consulting
> 319 266-8402

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Package & development Wizard using today's date not original dates????
I talked with microsoft support this morning. They think its a bug.
There is no switch. Today's date being assigned to all file names seems
to come and go. Can't figure it out. I can leave the computer for
several hours and the Wizard works properly. Then I make a couple of CAB
files and it starts giving me all the same dates again. Then no matter
what I do, except leave it alone for hours, it attaches the incorrect
date.

I have actually rebooted (cold) and it still did the trick. I am stupmed
and apparently so is MS support, because they can't duplicate it.

Doug in Iowa.

Quote:

> Hi Doug,

> My support folder files don't have today's date. I suspect there is some
> switch that somehow got turned on.

> If you find out let me know if I should add it to the list of bugs I have
> listed at http://www.teeitup.com/vbbugs.htm.

> David L. Beckwith

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Selecting Today's Date With Sheridan Date Combo

2. Dates, Dates, & More Dates

3. Adding a variable number of weeks to today's date

4. Getting today's date.....

5. Returning today's date

6. Accessing today's date in a filter

7. Inserting today's date

8. Today's Date

9. Viewing today's date

10. getting today's date

11. Automatically selecting *today's* date - MonthView control

12. Date time picker has today's value