Need help for use of the Multimedia Control MCI32.OCX
Author Message
 Need help for use of the Multimedia Control MCI32.OCX

I'm trying to use the MCI32.OCX (Microsoft Multimedia Control) for playing
successives wave files.
When sound is playing and my DoEvents loop is running the Mode property
returns mciModeNotOpen instead of mciModePlay and of course the Position
property returns 0.
If I try deleting the DoEvents loop, then the proper Mode is returned and
the Position property returns the right value.
I need the DoEvents Loop and I need to know the actual position of the
sound.
Anyone knows this bug and how to escape it ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Roger

Fri, 23 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help for use of the Multimedia Control MCI32.OCX

: I'm trying to use the MCI32.OCX (Microsoft Multimedia Control) for playing
: successives wave files.
: When sound is playing and my DoEvents loop is running the Mode property
: returns mciModeNotOpen instead of mciModePlay and of course the Position
: property returns 0.
: If I try deleting the DoEvents loop, then the proper Mode is returned and
: the Position property returns the right value.
: I need the DoEvents Loop and I need to know the actual position of the
: sound.
: Anyone knows this bug and how to escape it ?
: Thanks a lot for your help.
: Roger

I was able to check the values of MMControl1.Position and
MMControl1.Length and when they equaled each other I would know that it
was done playing.  I used it in a loop to prevent anything else from
occuring while a wave file was playing.  Maybe you can use these values
in a timer or under the MMControl1_StatusUpdate procedure to signal your
program to start playing another wave when one has ended.  I don't think
this procedure gets called when the Media Control is set to invisible
though (I don't know why.)  Hope it helps.  -Tod.

                                         PHOENIX, AZ
http://www.primenet.com/~mndlink/        85064-5388 USA

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

2. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

3. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

4. Microsoft Multimedia Control (MCI32.OCX)

5. HELP: I need a multimedia OCX control for VB5 (ent)

6. Help - Problem with mci32.ocx/mciwndx.ocx on client machine

7. Losing part/all of sound recording using MCI32.OCX under VB 4.0

8. Losing part/all of sound recording using MCI32.OCX under VB 4.0

9. Losing part/all of sound recording using MCI32.OCX under VB 4.0

10. Losing part/all of sound recording using MCI32.OCX under VB 4.0

11. Forcing mci32.ocx to relinquish control?

12. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks