Crystal Reports - Exporting error - Missing or Out-of-date DLL
Author Message
 Crystal Reports - Exporting error - Missing or Out-of-date DLL

Hi,

We have developed several reports using Crystal Reports 6 Professional. We
are interfacing them to Visual Basic 5.0 Professional using the Crystal
Reports OCX control "crystl32.ocx". The reports display on the screen
correctly, however, we would like to allow the user to click on the export
button on the Crystal window so as to save the report to disk. When the
export button is clicked, nothing happens. We have included all export files
as per the Crystal help files. When exporting programmatically, we get
"Missing or Out-of-date DLL".

Note:
This is only a problem on the end-user PC, there is no problem on the
development PC.

I am of the opinion it is some registry/file version number problem. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated. If it is just a missing file, it would
be great.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

Neil Watson
Peregrine Systems Limited
Dublin
Ireland.

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Exporting error - Missing or Out-of-date DLL
Crystal 6.0 screwed up the version number of at least 1
DLL, which as I recall was U2FREC.DLL. The text
version number viewable in the properties dialog
shows version 6.0.0.0. Internal VS_VERSIONINFO used
by most setup programs is 1.0.
InstallShield and others will check the version number
and refuse to install the newest version. You must override
this manually in script code.
I sent an email to Crystal 10 months ago asking when
this would be corrected. Still waiting.
Their version control has been sub-standard for years.

Quote:

>Hi,

>We have developed several reports using Crystal Reports 6 Professional. We
>are interfacing them to Visual Basic 5.0 Professional using the Crystal
>Reports OCX control "crystl32.ocx". The reports display on the screen
>correctly, however, we would like to allow the user to click on the export
>button on the Crystal window so as to save the report to disk. When the
>export button is clicked, nothing happens. We have included all export
files
>as per the Crystal help files. When exporting programmatically, we get
>"Missing or Out-of-date DLL".

>Note:
>This is only a problem on the end-user PC, there is no problem on the
>development PC.

>I am of the opinion it is some registry/file version number problem. Any
>ideas would be greatly appreciated. If it is just a missing file, it would
>be great.

>Thanks in advance.

>Neil.

>Neil Watson
>Peregrine Systems Limited
>Dublin
>Ireland.

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 20540 missing or out of date export dll for u2fxls.dll

2. help:crystal report 8.5 error out date export dll

3. run time error 20540 missing or out of date export dll

4. error -2147190548 missing or out-of-date export dll

5. ERROR - Missing or out of date export DLL

6. run-time error 20540 missing or out of date export dll

7. missing library p2qqbe.dll crystal reports 3 to crystal reports 5

8. Out of date export DLL in Crystal Report with VB3.0

9. help please:Missing or out-of-date export dll

10. HELP : Missing or Out of date export dll

11. Missing or out-of-date export dll

12. Missing or out-of-date export dll