Creating IE favorites
Author Message
 Creating IE favorites

What format are the favourites files. I see that they have a unique
format to shortcuts. They contain times visited etc. How do I create
one. Any help appreciated.

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating IE favorites
You could open one and look at it, couldn't you?

Anyway, the number of visists in fact, does not come from the .url file, but
rather, it look's in Internet Explorer's history or cache, or something and
adds up the visits from there.  If you don't know how to read the .url file,
then attached is a description by Edward Blake (whoever he is) that wrote in
to the www.wotsit.org web site.

Howard Henry Schlunder

'----.----'

Subject: The URL format

The url file format looks pretty simple, it has the
same format as a INI file:

[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.someaddress.com/
WorkingDirectory=C:\WINDOWS\
ShowCommand=7
IconIndex=1
IconFile=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\url.dll
Modified=20F06BA06D07BD014D
HotKey=1601
URL Is Self-explanatory

WorkingDirectory Is Self-explanatory

IconIndex Is:
 The Icon Index within IconFile

IconFile Is:
 A File containing a icon

ShowCommand Is:
(Nothing) - Normal
7         - Minimized
3         - Maximized

HotKey Is:
833  - Ctrl + Shift + A
834  - Ctrl + Shift + B
835  - Ctrl + Shift + C
836  - Ctrl + Shift + D
837  - Ctrl + Shift + E
838  - Ctrl + Shift + F
.
.
1601 - Ctrl + Alt + A
1602 - Ctrl + Alt + B
1603 - Ctrl + Alt + C
1604 - Ctrl + Alt + D
1605 - Ctrl + Alt + E
1606 - Ctrl + Alt + F
.
.
.

Quote:
> What format are the favourites files. I see that they have a unique
> format to shortcuts. They contain times visited etc. How do I create
> one. Any help appreciated.

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating IE favorites
Hey.  I just got an email from someone at the HigherLevel domain and he
didn't seem very happy to be recieving junk mail because you are using a
bogus email address.  I kindly suggest that you cut that out!

Howard Heny Schlunder

Quote:
> What format are the favourites files. I see that they have a unique
> format to shortcuts. They contain times visited etc. How do I create
> one. Any help appreciated.

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE Favorites

2. IE Favorites & WebBrowser Control

3. How do I launch IE favorites from VBScript?

4. IE Favorite style control used in MDI application

5. IE favorites

6. how to get the IE favorites?

7. Load listbox with IE history or favorites

8. How can I make a favorites (of IE) appear in my app menu

9. Use VB to determine location of IE Favorites...

10. IE Favorites

11. IE Favorites?

12. IE Favorites Path