string concatination
Author Message
 string concatination

Hi There,

        I pass a Type structure to a DLL, which writes some strings
        into the struct.  This works fine.  Unfortunantly, i cannot
        concatinate those strings using & for some reason !
        I just get the first string.  I suspect this has something to
        do with the C \0, but am not sure.

        Has anyone seen this before ?

                Warren.

Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:48:50 GMT
 string concatination
|> Hi There,

|>   I pass a Type structure to a DLL, which writes some strings
|>   into the struct.  This works fine.  Unfortunantly, i cannot
|>   concatinate those strings using & for some reason !
|>   I just get the first string.  I suspect this has something to
|>   do with the C \0, but am not sure.

Never used it but - why don't you examine your strings in a structure -
byte by byte. Or, even better: where are you storing the "new" string -
the one that should be str1 & str2 ? Variable or fixed string?

Take care,
Sabina

Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:41:17 GMT

1. String Concatination problems

2. Efficient string concatination

3. aggregate string concatination

4. Concatination of strings

5. concatination question?

6. concatination!!!!!??????

7. String to Array and Array to String

8. REPLACING STRINGS WITH STRINGS

9. Immediate Problem: Replacing string within a string through a field

10. String.Trim and String.TrimEnd behave irrationally!

11. string replace with wildcard number of spaces between strings - removing blank lines

12. I'd use string methods more if string were a structure and not a class