Reading Hard-Disk Volume Serial No, CPU Serial No in VB
Author Message
 Reading Hard-Disk Volume Serial No, CPU Serial No in VB

Hi!

I would like to read the hard-disk volume serial number (assigned when
the disk is
formatted). I plan to use it to prevent a user from re-installing trial
version of
S/W after it expired the first time.

I read something on MS site that tangentially mentioned that Intel CPUs
DO have serial
numbers (some recent posts in this group notwithstanding). Know how to
read that?

TIA,
MikeC

Please reply to the group.

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Hard-Disk Volume Serial No, CPU Serial No in VB
check out the GetVolumeInformation API.

I do not know hot to read the CPU serial#

--

Kim Dobranski
Software Engineer

Kelowna
British Columbia
Canada

Super, Natural British Columbia.
********************************

E-mail:

********************************

Quote:

>Hi!

>I would like to read the hard-disk volume serial number (assigned when
>the disk is
>formatted). I plan to use it to prevent a user from re-installing trial
>version of
>S/W after it expired the first time.

>I read something on MS site that tangentially mentioned that Intel CPUs
>DO have serial
>numbers (some recent posts in this group notwithstanding). Know how to
>read that?

>TIA,
>MikeC

>Please reply to the group.

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Hard-Disk Volume Serial No, CPU Serial No in VB

Quote:

> check out the GetVolumeInformation API.

Thank you.

You don't happen to know how to do that in Win 3.1 as well, do you?

Thanks again.

--
MikeC
Please reply to the group.

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to read hard disk serial number

2. Obtaining hard drive's volume serial # in VB

3. !VB 3 Disk Volume Serial Number!

4. Serial number of HD (hard disk) in VB 3.0

5. Hard Drive Volume Serial Number

6. Here is a hard one.... Volume Serial Number

7. Hard Disk Serial Number (Access 2.0)

8. Hard Disk Serial Number

9. Hard disk serial number

10. Hard Disk Serial Number

11. Hard disk serial number

12. Help: How to get hard disk serial number using QBasic