Yet another modem question...
Author Message
 Yet another modem question...

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but here's my
problem:

I want to write a little app that make use of the modem. I read in the
FAQ that I could use Open "COM1:" For Output As #1

I can send but can't receive anything!
In QBasic, I could open my com in Random mode, but it simply doesn't
work in VB.

I tried the exact code both in QB and VB, to dial my number and get a
BUSY input.
QB works but VB don't.

HELP!

Eric Laberge

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Yet another modem question...

Quote:

>I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but here's my
>problem:

>I want to write a little app that make use of the modem. I read in the
>FAQ that I could use Open "COM1:" For Output As #1

You need to read the VB help on the MSCOMM control.

Visit my source code page at http://www.mindspring.com/~johnecarter
Visit my favorite school at http://www.mindspring.com/~addison

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Easy modem-to-modem call and TCP/IP question

2. modems, modems, modems...

3. Yet another listview sort by column question.

4. Yet another deployment question

5. VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question

6. Yet another MS Word question

7. YAHTQ - (Yet another how-to question!)

8. Yet Another Newbie question....DLL

9. Yet another picbox imaging question...tiling an image

10. yet another VB Serial Cash Drawer question

11. Yet another multi-dim array question.

12. Simple, yet complicated, SQL Server data access question.