Minimize to system tray problem
Author Message
 Minimize to system tray problem

I know how to put the icon into system tray.
My program will add a icon into system tray and hide the form when I click
the minimize button.  But the windows animation which show the shrinkage of
the form do not shrink the form to the system tray but to the taskbar.
Is there any way to shrink the form to system tray?
Thank you.

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimize to system tray problem
use the form.hide command

Quote:
> I know how to put the icon into system tray.
> My program will add a icon into system tray and hide the form when I click
> the minimize button.  But the windows animation which show the shrinkage
of
> the form do not shrink the form to the system tray but to the taskbar.
> Is there any way to shrink the form to system tray?
> Thank you.

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimize to system tray problem

Quote:

>I know how to put the icon into system tray.
>My program will add a icon into system tray and hide the form when I click
>the minimize button.  But the windows animation which show the shrinkage of
>the form do not shrink the form to the system tray but to the taskbar.
>Is there any way to shrink the form to system tray?
>Thank you.

search the microsoft knowledge base for "systray" and "Visual Basic".

There is an article there that describes how to do it. It isn't that hard. It's
just a little tricky.

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimize to system tray problem
Applications do not minimize to the system tray.  Normally tray applets are
dialogs and do not have minimize buttons at all.

Quote:
> I know how to put the icon into system tray.
> My program will add a icon into system tray and hide the form when I click
> the minimize button.  But the windows animation which show the shrinkage
of
> the form do not shrink the form to the system tray but to the taskbar.
> Is there any way to shrink the form to system tray?
> Thank you.

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Minimize to system tray problem

2. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

3. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

4. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

5. Minimize AC00 to system tray

6. minimized in system tray

7. Minimize to system tray [VB6]

8. VB3: Minimize to Win 95 System Tray?

9. Starting app minimized in system tray

10. Minimize into System Tray

11. Minimize to system tray [VB6]

12. Minimizing an Application to the System Tray...