Save & open dialog boxes
Author Message
 Save & open dialog boxes

Help--By default as with most windows programs, if you call up the
SaveAs dialog
box, it will usually show the Drive & File that contains the program
you're currently in.
Is there a (simple) code to make my program save to a specific Drive and
File address.
As the simplest of  examples: I have text in a text box. If I click
Save, the chances are
the SaveAs dialog box will say: Save in -- vb~ver4 with an accompanying
list of files.I
would like the Save dialog box to specifically show, Save in-- (C:\)
"testprog" and ask
for a file name.

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Save & open dialog boxes

<snip>

Quote:
>Is there a (simple) code to make my program save to a specific Drive and
>File address.

<snip>

Quote:
>would like the Save dialog box to specifically show, Save in-- (C:\)
>"testprog" and ask
>for a file name.

See VB help for the File Dialog properties of the Common Dialog
control...in particular the Dirve, Path, Path, and Pattern properties

HTH
--
Paul Marshall

Thu, 23 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. the common dialog box (open/save mode)

2. Dialog Boxes - Using Save As, Open, Print, etc.

3. How to call Open File and Save As dialog box API from VB

4. Open/Save Dialog Box with API

5. dialog boxes (save as & load)

6. open dialog or save dialog

7. Open a Save/Open-dialog

8. dialog boxes to save and save as

9. Centering a Open Dialog box using the Common dialog

10. How to just open the Open dialog box?

11. Open Multiselect Open dialog box

12. opening / saving files with MS rich text box control (viewing open files)