Printer WOES
Author Message
 Printer WOES

I am using the examples in Dan Applemans API Guide for the Windows 3.1 API.
I am writing code in VB4.0 16 Bit.
The development platforms are running Win95.

I have had problems with the DEVMODE  structure and Creating a DC for a printer when I
use anything other than 0 for the DEVMODE value in the CreateDC API call.

Has anyone else had trouble with this?--

Does anyone have a better way to get control of the printer other than 3rd party
controls?

Bill Jacaruso
Ztech Software
Austin, Texas

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jacaruso

Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer WOES

Quote:

> I am using the examples in Dan Applemans API Guide for the Windows 3.1
> API.
> I am writing code in VB4.0 16 Bit.
> The development platforms are running Win95.

> I have had problems with the DEVMODE  structure and Creating a DC for
> a printer when I use anything other than 0 for the DEVMODE value in
> the CreateDC API call.

> Has anyone else had trouble with this?--

> Does anyone have a better way to get control of the printer other than
> 3rd party controls?

The inherent problem with the DEVMODE structure is that most printer
devices append private data to the end of it, making its size different
for each printer device.  Also, the DEVMODE structure is smaller in
16-bit than in 32-bit, and Win95 reports it in one size, and Win3.1
reports it in another.

I wrote a free DLL that allows you to get/set DEVMODEs for printer
devices (among many other things).  You'll find it on my webpage below.

--
Robert Simpson
Programmer at Large

http://www.primenet.com/~simpson

Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic Printer Woes

2. Printer Woes (Visual Basic)

3. Printer Woes

4. Printer Woes......

5. Printer Woes

6. printer woes..

7. printer woes

8. Printer Woes!

9. Stretchblt to printer woes ... (aka please help!)

10. Printer API woes

11. Printer API woes

12. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb