Hook into Windows System Message Queue?
Author Message
 Hook into Windows System Message Queue?

Do anyone know how to use setWindowsHookEx in VB?  What I want to do is
setup a function browsing through all system message before they are
dispatched to relevent application.

Thanks.

Gerry Wong.

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Hook into Windows System Message Queue?

Quote:

>Do anyone know how to use setWindowsHookEx in VB?

        You can't, you need to be able to register a callback function
in a dll to use SetWindowsHook. (Well, the callback has to be in a dll
for a system-wide hook like you want, and even in situations where the
callback can be in an exe there's no way to export a VB sub as a callback.)

--
David Ullrich
Don't you guys find it tedious typing the same thing

Sun, 01 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Hook into Windows System Message Queue?

Quote:

>Do anyone know how to use setWindowsHookEx in VB?  What I want to do is
>setup a function browsing through all system message before they are
>dispatched to relevent application.

        I think you want a VBX called "VSVBX" available via FTP from the
CICA sites/mirrors. Look in Directory: "ftp/pub/pc/win3/programr/vbasic"
for "VSVBX.ZIP".  This VBX provides (I've looked at the docs but haven't
actually used it yet) a callback which allows you to do touchy-feeley
stuff on windows massages.

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------+

|      "your storage answer"     |     "WTB : clever sig"    |
+--------------------------------+---------------------------+

Tue, 03 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hooking into message queue?

2. Win32 Message Queue Hook

3. Win32 Message Queue Hook

4. system.messaging Sending a non xml body into a queue

5. Possible to check the system message queue?

6. Systems message queue

7. Hooking System Messages with VB6

8. windows message queue

9. using windows HOOKS (system-wide)

10. VB5: Hooking Windows Messages / minimized program

11. Hooks, Windows Messages and ActiveX ....

12. Windows hook and control hook