updating time in status bar
Author Message
 updating time in status bar

Sure, just add a Timer Control to your application.  Set the interval to 501
or something and in the Timer Event place something like this:

Statusbar1.SimpleText = Time

--
Howard Henry 'Gawyn Ballpeen' Schlunder
Gawyn Developments; Core developer

Quote:
> hey,
> is there a way to update the time in a status bar i add to a project, caus
when
> i run the program, the time does not get updated, it just holds the time
when
> the program started running.
> any help is appreciated,
> thanks,

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 updating time in status bar
hey,
is there a way to update the time in a status bar i add to a project, caus when
i run the program, the time does not get updated, it just holds the time when
the program started running.
any help is appreciated,
thanks,

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 updating time in status bar
Well, you add a timer to your form
Set his delay to 1 sec.

In the Timer1, Timer event put something like this

If DatePart("s", Time) = 0 then
    'Set the Timer's delay to 1 minute
    'And set the panel caption with Time
    Timer1.Interval = x
    panelx.caption = Time
End If

'If you want seconds in it, do not use this code
'Just leave the delay as 1 sec
'and set the panel's caption every time this event is fired
panelx.caption = time

Quote:
> hey,
> is there a way to update the time in a status bar i add to a project, caus
when
> i run the program, the time does not get updated, it just holds the time
when
> the program started running.
> any help is appreciated,
> thanks,

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 updating time in status bar
While you could use a timer to update time display, you shouldn't have to.
I use the VB6 statusbar, set the style of one of its panels to 5 (sbrTime),
and the rest takes care of itself.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Display Updated Time in Status Bar

2. Updating Time and Date on Status Bar

3. Time updating in status bar

4. Date & Time update in a status Bar

5. how to set a date time value different from system time in the status bar

6. Acc97: Using SysCmd to update status bar during query

7. Update Status Bar while Userform loaded

8. Status Bar Update

9. updating MDI status bar from child

10. Status bar timer doesn't update

11. Menu updates in a status bar