Serial port interfacing
Author Message
 Serial port interfacing

I am busy with a serial pic programmer, but need to manually control the
level of my TXD line.  Is there anyway I can use MSCOMM in this way. I
know with MSCOMM I can controll DTR and RTS, but it doesn't seem to work
for TXD.  Is there maybe a third party DLL or OCX that supports this.
NOTE:  This application must work for 95/98 and NT!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Serial port interfacing

Quote:
> I am busy with a serial pic programmer, but need to manually control the
> level of my TXD line.  Is there anyway I can use MSCOMM in this way. I
> know with MSCOMM I can controll DTR and RTS, but it doesn't seem to work
> for TXD.  Is there maybe a third party DLL or OCX that supports this.
> NOTE:  This application must work for 95/98 and NT!

Normally the TxD-line will generate a logical High.  When you enable the
"break" -state, it will become a logical Low.

Regards,
  Rudy Wieser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Serial port interfacing

 I asked this some time ago - and no-one came up with an answer

Basically you want to control Tx the same as RTS and DTR - yes ?

There MUST be a way of doing this ......

Something like setting the baud rate to zero, and sending a 0 or FF char
to set hi or lo states - that was a guess btw

Maybe you need to do port i/o wuth status registers ?

Surely SOMEONE must have an idea ????

remove nospam to contact me

Quote:

> > I am busy with a serial pic programmer, but need to manually control
the
> > level of my TXD line.  Is there anyway I can use MSCOMM in this way. I
> > know with MSCOMM I can controll DTR and RTS, but it doesn't seem to
work
> > for TXD.  Is there maybe a third party DLL or OCX that supports this.
> > NOTE:  This application must work for 95/98 and NT!

> Normally the TxD-line will generate a logical High.  When you enable the
> "break" -state, it will become a logical Low.

> Regards,
>   Rudy Wieser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: Serial Port Interface

2. SERIAL PORT INTERFACE

3. Serial Port Interface

4. Serial Port Interface

5. VBA interface to serial RS232 port

6. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

7. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

8. serial printer on serial port

9. serial printer on serial port

10. Future of Serial Ports vs USB Ports

11. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

12. Serial port/parallel port