Unhandled Exception Error Unloading OLE Automation Server
Author Message
 Unhandled Exception Error Unloading OLE Automation Server

I have written an OLE automation server in VB4/32 bit, which seems to
cause an Unhandled Exception Error when it is unloaded from memory.
I've traced through the VB code, all the way through the
Class_Terminate() event, and don't see what might be causing the
problem.  The problem is definitely occurring after the
Class_Terminate() event is handled, but before the system finishes
unloading the server from memory.  I've compiled the server as both a
DLL and EXE, and the same problem occurs.  I'm using VB 4.0a, 32-bit,
and the problem happens on both Windows 95 and NT4.0 Workstation.  I
haven't tried it on any other platform.  The server also uses the RDO
object for database access, and I've been testing using the MS Access
ODBC driver.

At this point I'm stumped.  I couldn't find anything in the MS
Knowledgebase.  Any help will be appreciated.

-john

Fri, 20 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Unhandled Exception Error Unloading OLE Automation Server

Quote:

>I have written an OLE automation server in VB4/32 bit, which seems to
>cause an Unhandled Exception Error when it is unloaded from memory.
>I've traced through the VB code, all the way through the
>Class_Terminate() event, and don't see what might be causing the
>problem.  The problem is definitely occurring after the
>Class_Terminate() event is handled, but before the system finishes
>unloading the server from memory.  I've compiled the server as both a
>DLL and EXE, and the same problem occurs.  I'm using VB 4.0a, 32-bit,
>and the problem happens on both Windows 95 and NT4.0 Workstation.  I
>haven't tried it on any other platform.  The server also uses the RDO
>object for database access, and I've been testing using the MS Access
>ODBC driver.
>At this point I'm stumped.  I couldn't find anything in the MS
>Knowledgebase.  Any help will be appreciated.

I am bald after pulling my hair out with OLE problems.  My symptom is
general protection faults, with an occasional crash of the entire
Win95 OS.  I'm using 4.0a, and it is almost unworkable.

jim

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. An unhandled exception during Office XP Automation

2. ASP: VB OLE-DLL (automation server) does not unload

3. OLE automation (VB4 and Word6) and general exception error

4. 80010105 -Automation error The server threw an exception

5. Unhandled exception error

6. Getting unhandled exception error with WNetOpenEnum

7. Error: An unhandled exception of type...

8. VB HELP COMPILER - Unhandled Exception error

9. Visio 2000 - Unhandled Exception Error

10. Unhandled Exception Error on Connection.Close?

11. getting unhandled exception error -- Access violation

12. automating Word - OLE error - server threw an exception