2-digit Date Window in Windows 95/98
Author Message
 2-digit Date Window in Windows 95/98

In Windows 98, you can configure the date
window for converting 2-digit years to
4-digit years in the Regional Settings.
By default, 2-digit dates are converted as
follows (but this is configurable):
00-29 = 2000-2029
30-99 = 1930-1999

In Windows 95, I haven't found a way to
change the default behavior. Is there any
way to change the setting in Windows 95?  It
affects some Visual Basic controls and the
Format$ function when formatting a 2-digit
year into a 4-digit year.

--Posted from EarthWeb Discussions. http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 2-digit Date Window in Windows 95/98
 > In Windows 98, you can configure the date

Quote:
> window for converting 2-digit years to
> 4-digit years in the Regional Settings.
> By default, 2-digit dates are converted as
> follows (but this is configurable):
> 00-29 = 2000-2029
> 30-99 = 1930-1999

> In Windows 95, I haven't found a way to
> change the default behavior. Is there any
> way to change the setting in Windows 95?  It
> affects some Visual Basic controls and the
> Format$ function when formatting a 2-digit
> year into a 4-digit year.

We ran into this problem when getting an app ready for Y2K. We didn't like
the windowing assumptions used by the Date libraries that VB uses. We
decided to write our own date Data Types (Classes) where we could specify
the type of windowing we wanted (Specific Year, Future Date, Past Date,
Closest to Current Year). We completely replaced any references to the Date
type in our application with these classes.

The algorithms for conversion are relatively simple, the devil is in the
details. If you would like some code, please e-mail me and I'll see what I
can dig up.

N. Varacalli
--
Warning: Email address is mangled. Delete appropriately.

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deploy dotnet windows application in windows 95/98

2. Vb5 in Windows 95 or Windows 98

3. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

4. Printing in Windows 95 vs. Windows 98

5. Transparent windows in windows 95/98 how to ?

6. shutdown windows nt worstation or windows 95/98

7. API Calls in Windows NT as well as Windows 95/98

8. Windows NT Users form a Windows 95 / 98 Client

9. Transparent windows in windows 95/98 how to ?

10. Help API GetCaretPos in window running a Dos App shelled from windows 95/98

11. How to get Access 97 work on Windows 95 and 98

12. Printing in Windows 95/98