Making program start when windows starts...
Author Message
 Making program start when windows starts...

Hi,
How can I through the registry (without adding to the start Up menu) make a
program start as soon as windows starts?

Best regards,

--
Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and
wrong.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Making program start when windows starts...
Hi Paulo

Go to my Tips & Tricks page and follow the

    Add application to Windows' registry Run key

link

regards

Ian

** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/
Tips & Tricks page http://tips.kingsoft-denmark.com/

Quote:
> Hi,
> How can I through the registry (without adding to the start Up menu) make
> program start as soon as windows starts?

> Best regards,

> --
> Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy
> http://www.pdestroy.net
> ICQ UIN - 361853

> --
> For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and
> wrong.
>            - Anonymous

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Making program start when windows starts...
Create a string entry under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run an put the path to your
program as the value.
There are a couple of similar keys you can use (RunOnce only runs the app
once and removes the entry after it is run). There are also RunServices and
RunOnceEx. I'm sure you can look in MSDN and get more info.

Hope this helps.
PCG

Quote:
> Hi,
> How can I through the registry (without adding to the start Up menu) make
> program start as soon as windows starts?

> Best regards,

> --
> Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy
> http://www.pdestroy.net
> ICQ UIN - 361853

> --
> For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and
> wrong.
>            - Anonymous

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Start program automatically when Windows starts

2. How Can I Make My program start when Windows starts and Undo It

3. Start my program when windows starts

4. Window start, my program start

5. Make a program start when Windows start

6. Starting sound program(.exe) automatically when screensaver(.scr) starts

7. Starting sound program (.exe) automatically when screensaver (.scr) starts

8. How can I force VB to start a program as top window in Windows 2000

9. Making a program attomatically start and check password

10. Making a program run at start up

11. HELP: Making programs run from before win 95 starts

12. start my exe when windows starts