clickable URL in about box
Author Message
 clickable URL in about box
Hi,
I've seen in some programs about box a clickable URL that opens your
browser and loads the URL. How do I do this in VB?
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clickable URL in about box
Hi,
I've seen in some programs about box a clickable URL that opens your
browser and loads the URL. How do I do this in VB?
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clickable URL in about box

Quote:

>Hi,
>I've seen in some programs about box a clickable URL that opens your
>browser and loads the URL. How do I do this in VB?
>Thanks

Put a Label on a form, set its Caption property to the URL, and its ForeColor
property to a bright blue so that it looks like an HTML link.  Then, in the
Click event of the Label, use the ShellExecute API function to open the user's
default browser to that URL.  I have an example of using the ShellExecute API
on my web page.  Download SHELLEX.ZIP.  After the user clicks on the label,
you can change the Forcolor to a darker blue or some other color like HTML
does, to show the user has already gone to the link.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clickable URL in about box

Quote:
> Hi,
> I've seen in some programs about box a clickable URL that opens your
> browser and loads the URL. How do I do this in VB?

Here's how to do it:

Put this in a module:

Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA"
(ByVal
hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal
lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As
Long)
As Long

Use this code (in a button if you wish) to launch web browser:

ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "open", "http://www.longtermsolutions.com, "", "",
vbNormalFocus

--
Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions

(delete NOSPAM to send email)

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clickable URL in a Text Box?

2. Clickable URL link in Richtextbox

3. Using URL's in Combo boxes

4. Passing text box value in a URL

5. Putting a URL link in an About Box

6. Load URL directly into a picture box?

7. how to use url.Encode for NS problem w/ params in URL

8. How to insert a clickable URL into a form?

9. URL, Getting the url using asp

10. Navigate an URL and get URL result in COM object

11. Invalid URL form or fully-qualified absolute URL was used

12. Bookmarked URL Works, Saved URL String Doesn't