Control of Serial Port
Author Message
 Control of Serial Port

Hi,

I'm trying to control the serial port of a Win32 machine. Does anyone
know of any components/code/examples that are relevant?

Thanks,

Andy

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Control of Serial Port
Hi,

What do you mean by "Control the com port". There is a com port port control
that ships with VB6 that does all that is needed:
    -Set com setting
    -Send data
    -receive data

hope it helped

Stephane

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to control the serial port of a Win32 machine. Does anyone
> know of any components/code/examples that are relevant?

> Thanks,

> Andy

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Control of Serial Port
The company that I work for sells a serial communications program
called the Software Wedge that you may find to be a good tool for what
you want to do. The Software Wedge is an executable program that can
pass serial data back and forth to other programs using either DDE
(Dynamic Data Exchange) or by converting incoming serial data to
keystrokes (i.e. it stuffs the keyboard buffer with the incoming
serial data).
The program is extremely easy to use and is designed to have you up
and running sending and receiving serial data directly from within
your application in just a few minutes.
Please visit http://www.taltech.com for more information.

You can also use th MSCOMM.OCX that comes with VB to do the job. I
would recommend getting a good book on it like the Visual Basic
Programmers Guide to Serial Communications by Richard Grier. You can
find it at www.amazon.com

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:34:17 +0100, Andrew Burns

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm trying to control the serial port of a Win32 machine. Does anyone
>know of any components/code/examples that are relevant?

>Thanks,

>Andy

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Controlling the serial port

2. How to control a Serial port

3. motor control through serial port

4. Send Voltage via MSCOMM Control and Serial Port

5. About Mscomm Control programming(Serial Port)

6. About Mscomm Control programming(Serial Port)

7. How to control the serial ports????

8. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

9. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

10. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

11. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

12. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol