DCOM S/C
Author Message
 DCOM S/C

Hi me.again
I'm about to implement client/server filehandling in my much dicussed rent
app.
Creating an activeX.exe server and Q. Should I pass an UDT to/from the
server ByRef or ByVal?
Public Function SaveRent(rec As kv_Rent) As Integer
  Dim kvRent As kv_Rent
  kvRent = rec
  SaveRent = nr
End Function
Is this ok, or can I work with rec directly? Any changes to rec need not be
visible by the client.
Equal UDT's are declared both in the server and client apps.
/Henning

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:05:28 GMT
 DCOM S/C
By Value.
(No data-marshalling back again, saves time).

As long as you don't need the (possibly)
changed fields back on the client...

--
Dag.

Quote:
> Hi me.again
> I'm about to implement client/server filehandling in my much dicussed rent
> app.
> Creating an activeX.exe server and Q. Should I pass an UDT to/from the
> server ByRef or ByVal?
> Public Function SaveRent(rec As kv_Rent) As Integer
>   Dim kvRent As kv_Rent
>   kvRent = rec
>   SaveRent = nr
> End Function
> Is this ok, or can I work with rec directly? Any changes to rec need not
be
> visible by the client.
> Equal UDT's are declared both in the server and client apps.
> /Henning

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:33:45 GMT

1. Time() returning hh:mm:ss tt and not HH:mm:ss

2. DCOM, DCOM , DCOM!!!

3. Another CS-Realizer question

4. good VB website(s) for high school CS teacher??

5. CS-RCS with VB6

6. ANNOUNCE: CS-RCS Version 1.2

7. Announce: CS-RCS Version 1.1

8. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

9. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

10. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

11. SS and TIN# search

12. DEDUPE RECORDS BY SS#