Example of VB on palm
Author Message
 Example of VB on palm

Normally, one is using C to develop native
Palm applications, but if you can get your users
to install a runtime environment for another
language, you can pick from several others:

Sun have a lightweight Java VM for PalmOS, the
good Python-folks have an implementation for
the python programming language, and Appforge
have "AppForge Booster(TM)", which is a commercial
runtime-environment for VB 6.

Commercial is misleading here, because it's free
since Palm, Inc. have paid for it for you!!!

You can find it at: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Dag.

Quote:
> looking for resources on programming VB on palm for class project.

Mon, 10 May 2004 16:09:07 GMT
 Example of VB on palm
looking for resources on programming VB on palm for class project.

Mon, 10 May 2004 08:48:43 GMT
 Example of VB on palm

Quote:

> looking for resources on programming VB on palm for class project.

Hi Drew-

I don't think you can do that directly since the palm products are
Motorola based devices. ;-(
But, the folks at AppForge have figured a way around that...

http://www.palmos.com/news/2000/121300.html
http://www.appforge.com/

Good Luck,

Randy Barrow

Please remove NOSPAM from address for replies

Mon, 10 May 2004 13:28:00 GMT
 Example of VB on palm
Appforge has 30 day trial . This will work for my class project. Hope
the professor will approve me using this to create my class project.
Thanks.

Mon, 10 May 2004 20:45:32 GMT
 Example of VB on palm

Quote:

> looking for resources on programming VB on palm for class project.

There are several VB-like development environments for the PalmOS:
AppForge, SatelliteForms, Pendragon, ScoutBuilder, NSBasic and a few
others.  The Palm website has a page full of links.

chris judge

Tue, 11 May 2004 04:33:13 GMT

1. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

2. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

3. PALM OS Programming - In VB.NET?

4. How to create windowApplication for Palm in VB.NET

5. VB Web Devel. in West Palm Beach, Fl

6. Palm pilot to VB

7. VB Dev Kit for Palm Pilot

8. Palm Pilot VB 6.0 Question

9. Mise à Jour des Bases Palm Pilot via VB

10. VB Web Dev in West Palm Beach, Fl

11. Palm III VB Controls question

12. Palm CDK 4.02 for VB (Urgent)