Opening large files in VB5
Author Message
 Opening large files in VB5

Hello group,

What is the best way to open large ASCII text-files (up to 1.4MB) in VB 5 ?
I want to be able to open and edit the files in a textbox or a RTF-box.
Who can give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,

Piet Lauwen

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening large files in VB5
The RTF-box has it's own LoadFile method.

-David

Quote:
> Hello group,

> What is the best way to open large ASCII text-files (up to 1.4MB) in VB 5
?
> I want to be able to open and edit the files in a textbox or a RTF-box.
> Who can give me a hint?

> Thanks in advance,

> Piet Lauwen

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening large files in VB5
Right, and the RTF is unlimited in size, whereas the TextBox has only 64K
capacity.

John Tegelaar

David Kidd heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:
>The RTF-box has it's own LoadFile method.

>-David

>> Hello group,

>> What is the best way to open large ASCII text-files (up to 1.4MB) in VB 5
>?

<SNIP>

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. opening large files in VB5

2. How to I open a large textfile (more than 20 MB) in vb5.0

3. Problem Opening large HTML file in Word using VBA

4. Problem Opening large HTML file in Word using VBA

5. opening large files...

6. opening large files

7. How to open a file larger then 2MB...

8. Opening large files from VB

9. Open large text file

10. Open large text file

11. Problem Using VB5 to Download Large Binary Files

12. Opening a File Open window for file selection in VBA