VB4's Application Setup Wizard - unexpected error
Author Message
 VB4's Application Setup Wizard - unexpected error

I packaged my project onto three 3.5" floppies perfectly well, using VB4's
Application Setup Wizard, and it installs fine on my machine. On a friends
machine the setup routine crashes after the white dialog box, "Copying
installation files..." with a small red-background-white-cross dialog box,
saying,

        "unexpected error; quitting"

                OK

And then it quits! Is there some known bug, am I doing something stupid? I
don't know. Both machines are of similar specm high end Pentiums running on
Netware 3.12, the same installation of Win '95 and Office '95, and not much
else.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Mat.

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4's Application Setup Wizard - unexpected error

Here's the KB article that describes the problem we were (and you are)
getting when installing VB4 apps:

PRB: "Unexpected error; quitting" Installing VB4 Application
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Interestingly enough, what I recommended to someone a while ago is one of
the solutions Microsoft recommends: run an install program for a newer
product (or VB5 app) that gets the system files (olepro32.dll and
oleaut32.dll) up to date before actually running the install program you
wanted to in the first place.

M{*filter*}of the story?  Other than the daily "I hate Microsoft", it would be
that we should consult the Microsoft Knowledge Base
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) more often for many of the nagging and
nightmarish problems we've been having with their development products.

-Bradley Peet
Mgr of Software Development, HealthNetwork, Inc.

Quote:
> I packaged my project onto three 3.5" floppies perfectly well, using
VB4's
> Application Setup Wizard, and it installs fine on my machine. On a
friends
> machine the setup routine crashes after the white dialog box, "Copying
> installation files..." with a small red-background-white-cross dialog
box,
> saying,

>    "unexpected error; quitting"

>            OK

> And then it quits! Is there some known bug, am I doing something stupid?
> don't know. Both machines are of similar specm high end Pentiums running
on
> Netware 3.12, the same installation of Win '95 and Office '95, and not
much
> else.

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4's Application Setup Wizard - unexpected error

Quote:
> I packaged my project onto three 3.5" floppies perfectly well, using
VB4's
> Application Setup Wizard, and it installs fine on my machine. On a
friends
> machine the setup routine crashes after the white dialog box, "Copying
> installation files..." with a small red-background-white-cross dialog
box,
> saying,

>    "unexpected error; quitting"

>            OK

I have got the same problem, Mathew.

If anybody can help us, we would be very grateful

Beltrn

Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4's Application Setup Wizard - unexpected error

There's a KB article about this. Go to the VB KB and do a search on PRB.

  >> I packaged my project onto three 3.5" floppies perfectly well, using
  >VB4's
  >> Application Setup Wizard, and it installs fine on my machine. On a
  >friends
  >> machine the setup routine crashes after the white dialog box, "Copying
  >> installation files..." with a small red-background-white-cross dialog
  >box,
  >> saying,
  >>
  >>      "unexpected error; quitting"
  >>
  >>              OK
  >
  >I have got the same problem, Mathew.
  >
  >If anybody can help us, we would be very grateful
  >
  >Beltrn

Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 Application Setup Wizard doesn't include Racmgr32.exe or Autmgr32.exe

2. Unexpected Error, installing a program created with VB 4.0 (installation with Setup Wizard)

3. beginner questions and application setup wizard in VB4

4. VB4-16 Application Setup Wizard

5. Application Setup Wizard VB4

6. VB4 Application Setup Wizard questions

7. Application Setup Wizard - 16bit - VB4

8. VB4 Application Setup Wizard

9. VB4 16 bit - Application setup wizard - Help needed

10. Application setup wizard doesn't include the SETUP1.EX_

11. VB4-16 Setup Wizard won't install newer version exe over old

12. Setup Wizard not registering all OCX's (VB4/32)