Checking for a remote file 
Author Message
 Checking for a remote file

How can i search for a file on a website with my program, i don't want to
download it, i just want to know if it is there or not.

TIA



Tue, 11 May 2004 08:05:30 GMT  
 Checking for a remote file
I think it might be

if filelen ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ......) < 0 then
msgbox "ASSMMADER"
else
msgbox "IT DOESNT EXIST YOU {*filter*}"
end if

I know that works locally but it might not do over the net. What you're
saying with that code is basically, if the length of the file you want to
check for is more than 0 bytes (ie if it exists at all) then show a message
box (assmander), otherwse - if the filelength is 0, meaning it doesn't
exist - its shows a different message box (IT DOESNT EXIST YOU {*filter*}).

Obviously you can change the msgbox code snippets to anything you would like
to be performed.


Quote:
> How can i search for a file on a website with my program, i don't want to
> download it, i just want to know if it is there or not.

> TIA



Wed, 12 May 2004 04:27:47 GMT  
 Checking for a remote file
yes david i know, but now we both know that that doesn't work, so how about
we hope someone with some brains decides to look here and answer the
question for us.


Quote:
> I think it might be

> if filelen ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ......) < 0 then
> msgbox "ASSMMADER"
> else
> msgbox "IT DOESNT EXIST YOU {*filter*}"
> end if

> I know that works locally but it might not do over the net. What you're
> saying with that code is basically, if the length of the file you want to
> check for is more than 0 bytes (ie if it exists at all) then show a
message
> box (assmander), otherwse - if the filelength is 0, meaning it doesn't
> exist - its shows a different message box (IT DOESNT EXIST YOU {*filter*}).

> Obviously you can change the msgbox code snippets to anything you would
like
> to be performed.



> > How can i search for a file on a website with my program, i don't want
to
> > download it, i just want to know if it is there or not.

> > TIA



Wed, 12 May 2004 06:00:30 GMT  
 Checking for a remote file
On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:00:30 -0000, "Soup-a-Stu"

Quote:

>yes david i know, but now we both know that that doesn't work, so how about
>we hope someone with some brains decides to look here and answer the
>question for us.

I've not tried to play with these yet, but look up the
InternetConnect() and FtpFindFirstFile() APIs.  

Regards, Frank



Wed, 12 May 2004 12:33:49 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. How to check remote physical memory without a remote client

2. Checking for the existence of remote databases....

3. Oracle, check box and remote data control

4. Check if share exists on remote machine

5. Remote checking to see if a program is installed

6. Checking for existence of folders on remote machines

7. DCOM remote computer availability check

8. Checking if a remote ActiveX is running in VB6

9. How can we check a remote host by pinging in VB

10. WINSOCK - how to check whether the remote port is OPEN /CLOSEd

11. checking windows service status on remote server

12. Check if App on remote machine is running

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software