MCI Does not support Long Filename?
Author Message
 MCI Does not support Long Filename?

Hi!,
        I tried to record a wave filename using the MCI. I used the
filename "Hell This is a test.wav" as the filename but the MCI returns
Error 295. One of the parameters has been specify twice. I need long
filename support. Can anyone resolve this? Please cc a copy of your
answer to me thanks

    ____   _____
   / __ ) / ___/  TAN TZE YONG
  / __  | \__ \  NGEE ANN POLYTECHNIC

/_____/ /____/ WEB: http://www.*-*-*.com/
"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped"
 - Anthony Robbins

Fri, 11 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MCI Does not support Long Filename?

Quote:

> Hi!,
>         I tried to record a wave filename using the MCI. I used the
> filename "Hell This is a test.wav" as the filename but the MCI returns
> Error 295. One of the parameters has been specify twice. I need long
> filename support. Can anyone resolve this? Please cc a copy of your
> answer to me thanks

Win 32 API:
GetShortPathName

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try (replacing stars with dots)
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1*om*hp*com

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MCI Control Gets Into a Tizzy - Done Events Not Being Generated

2. Command() does not give long filenames?

3. Command$ not sending long filenames

4. Long Filenames not usable

5. MAPIReadMail() Not Returning Long Filenames

6. SHORT filename to LONG filename???

7. Short Filename to Long Filename ???

8. Long Filename -> Short Filename

9. SHORT filename to LONG filename???

10. Convert long filenames to short filenames

11. Convert Long Filenames to Short Filenames in VB4 16-Bit

12. HowTo Get Long Filenames from 8.3 Filenames?