Q: Getting the desktop window's handle (GetDesktopWindow ain't cutting it)
Author Message
 Q: Getting the desktop window's handle (GetDesktopWindow ain't cutting it)

Does anyone know how to retrieve the handle of the desktop window
where the icons are placed?

I did try using GetDesktopWindow() to get the handle, but it returns a
different handle then the particular one I'm looking for.  In my
desperation, I even tried looking at the returned handle's parents and
children, hoping on hitting the correct window.  All to no avail
(sniff, sniff).

I'm attempting to put a form on the background, and have been able to
do it manually if I use the currect handle, but till I can get that
handle progmatically, being able to do it isn't going to do me much
good :).  Any help would be appreciated.

                                        Zzzzzzz

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting the window's handle for a Word Application

2. getting a VB service's dependencies on the interactive desktop

3. Microsoft's OLE DB Simple Provider 1.5 Library isn't cutting it :(

4. The boss still ain't happy

5. GC ain't kicking in

6. A Zero Ain't Nothing!

7. Dir with vbDirectory ain't working!

8. Tell me it ain't so...

10. Getting a winddow's handle and then sending text to it (very newbie question)

11. encryption 4 nothing - this ain't a scam

12. Getting control's handle.