Help: Tape Backup Accessing
Author Message
 Help: Tape Backup Accessing

I am trying to write a module for Readig and Writing to a tapebackup
device on my computer. I have been successful in using the CreateFile
API to get a handle for the tape device, but am having trouble doing
anything else.

Whenever I try a PrepareTape, GetTapeStatus, or GetTapeParameters
call, I get an ErrorCode of 5 (ACCESS_DENIED) returned.

Has anyone had any luck with accessing a tape backup devices before?

-Ian Stone

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: Tape Backup

2. HELP: Tape Backup

3. HELP: Tape Backup Control

4. backup with tapes

5. Automated Tape Backup procedure

6. Tape backup VBX

7. Backup Tape

8. TAPE BACKUP - URGENT

9. Control DAT tape backup drive from VB5

10. backread api to backup/restore data from tape

11. Accessing Tape Drive

12. 1977 era yellow punch tape program - need to access