Retrieving Codec from MediaPlayer OCX
Author Message
 Retrieving Codec from MediaPlayer OCX

Ok, please help i'm stuck with simple GUI I've created for movies. All I'm
trying to do is get the codec information from a DivX4 MP3 compressed AVI,
using the MediaPlayer OCX plugin. Using MSDN I found the command

MediaPlayer.GetCodecInstalled(CodecNum)

which requires a value less than or equal to

MediaPlayer.CodecCount

Which is suppost to return a value greater than 0. No matter what I try - it
always returns zero - i.e. Mediaplayer isn't using any codecs.
Is there a better way to solve this problem, or a way for CodecCount to
return a value of more that zero. Using a forced value, eg
MediaPlayer.GetCodecInstalled(1) just produces an error.

I'm using the mediaplayer .OCX version 6.4.09.1120

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

    Hughsie

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 04:15:26 GMT

1. Windows ACM Codec / MPEG ACM Codec

2. Help with MediaPlayer OCX

3. OCX OCX OCX OCX OCX OCX

4. WebBrowser.OCX - Saving retrieved Documents...

5. Passing window.external to OCX (VB6) (or way of retrieving window.external like in C++ ServiceProvider)

6. Retrieving Data with WINSCK.OCX

7. Display Progressbar while retrieving Data with INet-Transfer-OCX

8. MSMAPI32.OCX (VB4) How can I retrieve attachment Names of SMTP Messages

9. Retrieving data with WINSCK.OCX

10. Retrieve methods from OCX

11. About Codec

12. mp3 codec sdk