Looking for VB chat groups (irc)
Author Message
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Is anyone aware of moderated irc chat groups where VB topics can be
discussed.

I would appreciate any information; posted here or to my e-mail
address.  Thanks.
Low Degree of Permanence  = "I just finished updating my code"
High Degree of Permenance = "I just fixed the last bug"

Thu, 08 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Quote:

>Is anyone aware of moderated irc chat groups where VB topics can be
>discussed.

#visualbasic on efnet is the best that *I* know of...  I'm there
nearly every night.  It's more like a little vb party though.  None of
us are "experts" per se, but we can generally answer 99% of the
newbie questions tossed at us and a good majority of the more
advanced questions too...  You just have to be lucky enough to
catch the right person for the job. :)

Sat, 17 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Quote:
> #visualbasic on efnet is the best that *I* know of...  I'm there
> nearly every night.  It's more like a little vb party though.  None of
> us are "experts" per se, but we can generally answer 99% of the
> newbie questions tossed at us and a good majority of the more
> advanced questions too...  You just have to be lucky enough to
> catch the right person for the job. :)

Where exactly can efnet be found?

SolutionStream Development      (801) 771-0304

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Quote:

>> #visualbasic on efnet is the best that *I* know of...  I'm there
>Where exactly can efnet be found?

My two questions add to this one:

1. Is efnet and open site, I mean universally accessible?

2. Is it mostly VB, or is there a lot of the IRC "age/sex checks" and
"Hi! where are you from..." stuff so common on some IRC channels?

Thanks.

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Quote:
>1. Is efnet and open site, I mean universally accessible?
>2. Is it mostly VB, or is there a lot of the IRC "age/sex checks" and
>"Hi! where are you from..." stuff so common on some IRC channels?

Efnet is like Dalnet is like Undernet etc., just log on and go to
#visualbasic.

It is almost exclusively VB, and I have never experienced an "age/sex
check" or any of that while there.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

           Savant Guarde
Http://webwrite.com/savantguarde/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Quote:
>>1. Is efnet and open site, I mean universally accessible?
>>2. Is it mostly VB, or is there a lot of the IRC "age/sex checks" and
>>"Hi! where are you from..." stuff so common on some IRC channels?
>Efnet is like Dalnet is like Undernet etc., just log on and go to
>#visualbasic.

To explain further:

EFNet (originally Eric's Free Net) consists of a whole lot of servers that
distribute the IRC discussions amongst eachothers. A discussion being
distributed by these will not reach a DalNet or Undernet server. To log on
to EFNet you need to know a server that is connected to it. EFNet is the
largest IRC network, so you'll probably hit one if you don't know which
type the IRC server is. I know of these servers that are EFNet (but of
course, there are many more): irc.funet.fi, irc.ifi.uio.no

--
VB 3.0 and Win3.1x assumed

http://www.sn.no/~balchen/
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Thu, 22 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VB chat groups (irc)

Quote:

>>>1. Is efnet and open site, I mean universally accessible?

>>>2. Is it mostly VB, or is there a lot of the IRC "age/sex checks" and
>>>"Hi! where are you from..." stuff so common on some IRC channels?

>>Efnet is like Dalnet is like Undernet etc., just log on and go to
>>#visualbasic.

>To explain further:

>EFNet (originally Eric's Free Net) consists of a whole lot of servers that
>distribute the IRC discussions amongst eachothers. A discussion being
>distributed by these will not reach a DalNet or Undernet server. To log on
>to EFNet you need to know a server that is connected to it. EFNet is the
>largest IRC network, so you'll probably hit one if you don't know which
>type the IRC server is. I know of these servers that are EFNet (but of
>course, there are many more): irc.funet.fi, irc.ifi.uio.no

>--
>VB 3.0 and Win3.1x assumed

>http://www.sn.no/~balchen/
>ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Ah, but Jens!  You're messages CAN reach us from Undernet to EFNet and

vice-versa.  (Currently, that is).  We have a bot linking efnet to un-
dernet and also in reverse.  Though we prefer efnet "customers" we can
handle undernet too.  Sorry, Dalnet is out though.

irc.cris.com 6665
irc.ais.net 6665
irc.colorado.edu 6667
irc-2.texas.net 6662
irc.neosoft.com 6665

Try these irc servers and /join #visualbasic

Tell em the Foul One sent ya. :)

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for IRC like chat object help

2. Looking for a chat/IRC Control

3. Imbedding Internet Relay Chat (IRC) in VB

4. Official VB Chat #visualbasic at irc.ais.net

5. New IRC Chat Software in VB

6. New IRC Chat software in VB

7. Official VB Chat #visualbasic at irc.ais.net