Callbacks to populate listview control on demand
Author Message
 Callbacks to populate listview control on demand

Hi

A while back a post mentioned that the listview control can be used in a
"virtual mode":

Quote:

> The ListView can work in 'virtual' mode, using a callback to populate. This
> means the ListView will call a routine to ask for the data. The data is not
> stored in the ListView. You will need to use LVS_OWNERDATA as the style upon
> creating the control. It will send a notificationmessage LVN_GETDISPINFO to
> the callback you provide. You will need to react by providing the data
> requested. Problem is: I don't know how it works exactly, I only know that
> it is possible.

I need to fill a listview in report mode with large number of listitems, and
would like to the above method before I am forced to cache the records and only
retrieve a viewful at a time in response to a separate scroll bar event
(listview
doesn't have a scroll event in VB5).
Does anybody have any ideas where I could find out how to do this?
Any suggestions would be a great help.

BTW I'm using VB5 enterprise edition with service pack 3, target machines are
running NT4.

ta
Nicky

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Callbacks to populate listview control on demand

2. Getting Listview to load-on-demand?

3. code example to dynamically populate listview control

4. Populating a listview control

5. Populate Listview control

6. Populating Listview control with recordset

7. Populating a ListView Control

8. Need help populating the treeview and listview control

9. Populate a listview control

10. Urgent expert help needed. Listview sorting using callback

11. sorting listview using callbacks

12. HELP: Sorting listview with callback loses visual elements