A way to create non .mdb databases?
Author Message
 A way to create non .mdb databases?

Is there a way to use the data control (or 3rd party dll) to create a new
data base that is not in Access format (eg, Lotus, Excel)?

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A way to create non .mdb databases?
David,

There is a 3rd party database engine called Sequiter Codebase which allows
you to create databases which are 'non-Access', these database files more
closely resemble .dbf format, but you can slightly change headers etc.. to
make them more unique to your own requirements. www.sequiter.com

I'm not too sure as to the advantages of creating databases in Excel format,
as Excel has certain database-type functions, but its not really a database
engine.

John.

Quote:

>Is there a way to use the data control (or 3rd party dll) to create a new
>data base that is not in Access format (eg, Lotus, Excel)?

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A way to create non .mdb databases?
Luxent software have a db-engine called ARTEMIS its exelent
http://www.luxent.com/

/ Christer

Quote:
>Is there a way to use the data control (or 3rd party dll) to create a new
>data base that is not in Access format (eg, Lotus, Excel)?

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A way to create non .mdb databases?
Hello,

If you are using VB, any of the Data Controls can be set to open Excel as a
database.  You have to set the data source type to the Excel version of the
workbook.  If you are using Excel as a db, you cannot delete records, but
you can erase or overwrite them.  Fields can be established by naming the
Columns using "Insert" and "Range Name" from the menu or by typing in the
name of the field in the first row (recordset) of the spreadsheet.

Good Luck, hope this helps

Quote:
> Luxent software have a db-engine called ARTEMIS its exelent
> http://www.luxent.com/

> / Christer

> >Is there a way to use the data control (or 3rd party dll) to create a
new
> >data base that is not in Access format (eg, Lotus, Excel)?

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A way to create non .mdb databases?
I really recommend against using Excel.  You will find that there are a lot
of unforeseen problems with it.  One being that a single sheet can only hold
16384 rows or records.  This depends on the version.  I Excel 97 can have
65536 records.

Excel is better suited as a spreadsheet program than a database.

--

Jeffrey Lane Darling

http://www.mcs.net/~jeffld

Quote:

>Is there a way to use the data control (or 3rd party dll) to create a new
>data base that is not in Access format (eg, Lotus, Excel)?

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. A way to create non .mdb databases?

2. Other easier simpler ways to access a mdb file from VB

3. Creating non database recordset

4. Create a mdb database, remote control

5. Create Access database (*.mdb) using VB6 and ADO?

6. read txt database, control and create aceess mdb

7. Creating an mdb database from scratch

8. How do i create field in Database.mdb (ADO VB6)

9. read txt database, control and create aceess mdb

10. HOWTO: Create Jet database (MDB) from VB6?

11. Newbie - How to Create a .mdb database from run time in VB6

12. Creating mdb database with ADO on VB5