Menu Item Caption
Author Message
 Menu Item Caption

Can someone point me towards help in creating
menus without the menu editor.
I need to create a user customizable menu.
Here is a code snip that I have working but the
"caption" only changes after I have clicked the menu item.
Thanks

Private Sub mnuWordpad_Click()
    mnuWordpad.Caption = "Wordpad Test"
    INIFile = App.Path & "\Test.Ini"
    MenuItem1 = GetProfile("Settings", "MenuItem1", "", INIFile)
    Shell (MenuItem1), vbNormalFocus
End Sub

---

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 10:20:55 GMT
 Menu Item Caption
Make a control array

Start menu editor
Add top menu item - mnuFile
Add a subsidiary menu item - mnuTest
set its Index Property to 0

Option Explicit

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim L9%
    For L9 = 1 To 10
        Load mnuTest(L9)
        mnuTest(L9).Caption = Str$(L9)
    Next
End Sub

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:20:55 GMT, "Tim James"

Quote:

>Can someone point me towards help in creating
>menus without the menu editor.
>I need to create a user customizable menu.
>Here is a code snip that I have working but the
>"caption" only changes after I have clicked the menu item.
>Thanks

>Private Sub mnuWordpad_Click()
>    mnuWordpad.Caption = "Wordpad Test"
>    INIFile = App.Path & "\Test.Ini"
>    MenuItem1 = GetProfile("Settings", "MenuItem1", "", INIFile)
>    Shell (MenuItem1), vbNormalFocus
>End Sub

>---

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:11:58 GMT
 Menu Item Caption
Thanks!

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 21:45:02 GMT

1. Getting Menu Item Captions

2. Temporarily Disabling Menu Items (Captions). 2nd posting

3. menu item captions

4. Make Menu Items Caption Bold?

5. Change the caption of a menu item

6. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

7. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

8. Add (first) menu items at runtime, then (second) subitems to newly create items

9. Howto add a menu to right-click menu for an item

10. Adding Menu Item to Inspector Menu

11. When adding second menu item to custom menu it appears greyed out

12. catching menu clicks and adding menu items