Kill a Program in the TaskBar???
Author Message
 Kill a Program in the TaskBar???

Hi

I have Dial-Up Server (Win98) running in my taskbar on the computer at
work. If/when I want to connect to it from home, it will always answer
calls on the first ring. There is no alternative that I can see with
the Windows 98 Dial-Up Server. Very inconvenient, as the phone line is
also used for voice calls incoming from time to time.

So I want to write a small prog in VB5 that monitors the calls
incoming on the modem using MSComm control.  I would set it up to
pickup on 8 rings, for example, versus on the first ring. After 8
rings, the VB program would THEN go and open the Dial-Up Server in
"enable incoming calls" mode. and turn over control of the Commport to
the Dial-up Server.

Once the call is completed, and there is no connection, the VB prog
would re-assume control of the Modem, and wait for another caller.

Any ideas? Maybe someone else has done something re this?

Thanks

Keith

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:50:45 GMT
 Kill a Program in the TaskBar???
if you can fake a fax tone in the call meant for the computer, you can get a
piece of hardware that will route the call based on whether that tone is
there.  might be easier than writing software.

-d

Quote:
> Hi

> I have Dial-Up Server (Win98) running in my taskbar on the computer at
> work. If/when I want to connect to it from home, it will always answer
> calls on the first ring. There is no alternative that I can see with
> the Windows 98 Dial-Up Server. Very inconvenient, as the phone line is
> also used for voice calls incoming from time to time.

> So I want to write a small prog in VB5 that monitors the calls
> incoming on the modem using MSComm control.  I would set it up to
> pickup on 8 rings, for example, versus on the first ring. After 8
> rings, the VB program would THEN go and open the Dial-Up Server in
> "enable incoming calls" mode. and turn over control of the Commport to
> the Dial-up Server.

> Once the call is completed, and there is no connection, the VB prog
> would re-assume control of the Modem, and wait for another caller.

> Any ideas? Maybe someone else has done something re this?

> Thanks

> Keith

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:13:25 GMT

1. Killing an App with no window or taskbar button

2. KILL KILL KILL :-(

3. Killing the background vb program after opening the outlook form

4. Running & Killing A program

5. the comma kills my program :(

6. PrintForm kills my program

7. Killing an external program

8. how to kill .exe programs ?

9. "kill" a program

10. VB6 program killed VB4-32 compiler, Please help..OLE Automation Error+ some

11. Kill an external program

12. How to detect and kill a running program?