Recording sound
Author Message
 Recording sound

I need to record sound in my application, what is the best way to do it? I'm
looking to record short periods of voice using a microphone by way of
annotation. I'm looking at the multimedia control and MCI, is this the best
way to go? Can anyone point me to existing examples or give me any advice?

Many thanks
Geoff Soper

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:17:10 GMT
 Recording sound

Quote:
> I need to record sound in my application, what is the best way to do it?
I'm
> looking to record short periods of voice using a microphone by way of
> annotation. I'm looking at the multimedia control and MCI, is this the
best
> way to go? Can anyone point me to existing examples or give me any advice?

I'm still trying to work out how to use the MCI control to record voice from
a microphone and haven't managed to find any helpful information, if anyone
could point me in the right direction I'd be most greatful.

Cheers

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:19:06 GMT
 Recording sound
http://buku.ti.itb.ac.id/VisualBasic5NightSchool/ch25.htm

http://www.michisoft.com/vb/code3.htm

http://www.geocities.com/smigman.geo/mci/wav.html

http://developer.grup.com.tr/misc/mapi/ch36.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbco...

Quote:

> > I need to record sound in my application, what is the best way to do it?
> I'm
> > looking to record short periods of voice using a microphone by way of
> > annotation. I'm looking at the multimedia control and MCI, is this the
> best
> > way to go? Can anyone point me to existing examples or give me any advice?

> I'm still trying to work out how to use the MCI control to record voice from
> a microphone and haven't managed to find any helpful information, if anyone
> could point me in the right direction I'd be most greatful.

> Cheers

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:52:27 GMT
 Recording sound
Hi, I have a similar problem, I want to record data (sound) from a mic, but then
I want to do some operations on the data - I want to perform Forward error
correction, and send the data over a LAN in "real-time".  Will the multimedia
controls enable me to record data from the mic and to do the FEC on the data and
then be able to be send over a network with winsock?  I want to research the
effect of different FEC techniques when Voice over IP (VoIP) suffers packet loss
and delay because of the congested Internet. I need the raw data from the mic

I have figured out how to record data from the mic using the Waveaudio feature
of the multimedia controls.

Another question, will it be better to program in Visual Basic, or in Visual
C++?  Will Visual Basic limit me in the operations and speed of execution of the
codes, or doesn't I have to bother about it?

Geoff, if you want to record the sound from the mic to .wav files, drop me a

sound - The program is very basic though...

Thanks
Jaco

Quote:

> > I need to record sound in my application, what is the best way to do it?
> I'm
> > looking to record short periods of voice using a microphone by way of
> > annotation. I'm looking at the multimedia control and MCI, is this the
> best
> > way to go? Can anyone point me to existing examples or give me any advice?

> I'm still trying to work out how to use the MCI control to record voice from
> a microphone and haven't managed to find any helpful information, if anyone
> could point me in the right direction I'd be most greatful.

> Cheers

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:54:28 GMT

1. recording sounds

2. Recording Sound Objects

3. Help recording sound files as mulaw wav

4. Record sound in QBasic....

5. Recording sound with VB6

6. Recording sounds from one device to another w/ MCI

7. Recording sound

8. Record sounds

9. Record sound using the Microphone...

10. Record sound