Need help !!! PaintPicture
Author Message
 Need help !!! PaintPicture

Hello

I'd like to send an image to the printer. This image is in a picturebox
object. I use the following command :

Printer.PaintPicture main.Picture1.Picture

(main is the name of the form and the picturebox is named picture1)

but the following error occurs :

"argument non facultatif". I don't know how to translate it in english,
"argument is missing" perhaps...

Could anyone help me ? thaks for answer (and sorry for my poor english)

--
----------------------------------
*       Ludovic Grossard         *

----------------------------------

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help !!! PaintPicture
Along with the Object and the picture, you  must pass the X,Y destination
coordinates of the upper left corner. The english translation of the error is
Argument not optional.

[VB5]
Robb
Remove autospam deterrent from address before emailing

Quote:
>Hello

>I'd like to send an image to the printer. This image is in a picturebox
>object. I use the following command :

>Printer.PaintPicture main.Picture1.Picture

>(main is the name of the form and the picturebox is named picture1)

>but the following error occurs :

>"argument non facultatif". I don't know how to translate it in english,
>"argument is missing" perhaps...

>Could anyone help me ? thaks for answer (and sorry for my poor english)

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help !!! PaintPicture
In addition: PaintPicture method can take several more parameters, i.e. to
resize the picture to fit a certain size on paper. Can be very handy to
use....

In general: If in doubt about the syntax of a method or function or command,
put the cursor on the keyword and press F1. The Help of VB isn't that
bad....

John Tegelaar

Quote:

>Along with the Object and the picture, you  must pass the X,Y destination
>coordinates of the upper left corner. The english translation of the error
is
>Argument not optional.

>[VB5]
>Robb
>Remove autospam deterrent from address before emailing

<SNIP>

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help !!! PaintPicture
It must mean "argument not optional."  You need to include the next two
parameters, which are the x and y coordinates of the upper left corner of
where the picture will appear on the page.
Quote:

>Hello

>I'd like to send an image to the printer. This image is in a picturebox
>object. I use the following command :

>Printer.PaintPicture main.Picture1.Picture

>(main is the name of the form and the picturebox is named picture1)

>but the following error occurs :

>"argument non facultatif". I don't know how to translate it in english,
>"argument is missing" perhaps...

>Could anyone help me ? thaks for answer (and sorry for my poor english)

>--
>----------------------------------
>*       Ludovic Grossard         *
>*--------------------------------*
>*            IRCOM               *
>*     Universit de Limoges      *
>*    123 avenue Albert Thomas    *
>*      87060 Limoges Cedex       *
>*--------------------------------*
>*    Tel: (33) 05 55 45 74 25    *

>----------------------------------

Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:00:00 GMT
 Need help !!! PaintPicture
Marshall is correct, your syntax is missing the required properties. I know
you don't want to hear this but read the Help file on PaintPicture, it
specifies which parameters are required or optional.
Quote:

>It must mean "argument not optional."  You need to include the next two
>parameters, which are the x and y coordinates of the upper left corner of
>where the picture will appear on the page.

>>Hello

>>I'd like to send an image to the printer. This image is in a picturebox
>>object. I use the following command :

>>Printer.PaintPicture main.Picture1.Picture

>>(main is the name of the form and the picturebox is named picture1)

>>but the following error occurs :

>>"argument non facultatif". I don't know how to translate it in english,
>>"argument is missing" perhaps...

>>Could anyone help me ? thaks for answer (and sorry for my poor english)

>>--
>>----------------------------------
>>*       Ludovic Grossard         *
>>*--------------------------------*
>>*            IRCOM               *
>>*     Universit de Limoges      *
>>*    123 avenue Albert Thomas    *
>>*      87060 Limoges Cedex       *
>>*--------------------------------*
>>*    Tel: (33) 05 55 45 74 25    *

>>----------------------------------

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer.PaintPicture : Need Help !!!!!!

2. need help with paintpicture and picturebox

3. Please Need help on Stretchblt or Paintpicture.

4. Printer.Paintpicture and Picturebox.paintpicture

5. BitBlt vs PaintPicture for superimposing one image onto another (need advice please)

6. Help for Printer.PaintPicture

7. HELP with PaintPicture

8. VB4 PaintPicture HELP

9. Centering paintpicture image in a picture box - HELP

10. Paintpicture too slow--please help

11. Help with PaintPicture

12. Help!! - clipping pictures using the paintpicture method