Setting Crystal Report Database Location at RunTime...
Author Message
 Setting Crystal Report Database Location at RunTime...

How can you set the database location of a report at runtime?  You
can use SetLocation from within CR but I can't figure out how to change
the database path the report is accessing databases from at runtime??

Kelton Averyt

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Crystal Report Database Location at RunTime...

If you are using an access database and your report is using 3 tables
rpt1.datafile(0) = "c:\database.mdb"
rpt1.datafile(1) = "c:\database.mdb"
rpt1.datafile(1) = "c:\database.mdb"

will do. Note that you can use tables from different databasse files to
create your report. Look up help on datafile property of Crystal Report
control. Good Luck.
   Chak Mannava

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Crystal Report Database Location at RunTime...

Quote:

>How can you set the database location of a report at runtime?  You
>can use SetLocation from within CR but I can't figure out how to change
>the database path the report is accessing databases from at runtime??

I do something like this:

Report1.ReportFileName = "c:\stuff\report.rpt"
Report1.DataFiles(0) = "c:\stuff\database.mdb"

remove ".nospam" to reply by email

-------

Basic Bombardier, Mgr Project 64, Geek Dragon/UDIC, Stegos/Kahn
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pcgeek/
PGP Keys 0x2B371D91 and 0xA1CE4355 available on keyservers

Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing Crystal Report database location at runtime

2. crystal reports- setting database location

3. -Help- Setting Crystal Reports.Net Database Location

4. How can i programmically Set Location of my database in Crystal Report of vb.net

5. Crystal Report -- set location of database at run time

6. Crystal 4.6 set database location - same as database

7. Reports written in Crystal - database has moved - how can I respecify the database location

8. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

9. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

10. setting adodc database location runtime

11. Setting database location at runtime

12. ???URGENT!!! Set Database Location in Runtime