Getting Hard Drive Serial number
Author Message
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number

How can I find out the serial number of a hard drive?  Is there an API
call??

Cheers,

Karl

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number
GetVolumeInformation

--Darren B

Quote:

> How can I find out the serial number of a hard drive?  Is there an API
> call??

> Cheers,

> Karl

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number

How can I find out the serial number of a hard drive?  Is there an API call??

Cheers,

Karl

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number
GetVolumeInformation

--Darren B

Quote:

> How can I find out the serial number of a hard drive?  Is there an API
> call??

> Cheers,

> Karl

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number
I have a routine that works for on Non-SCSI hard drives but I don't
have my code with me.

I can send it to you if you want.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number
Private Declare Function GetVolumeInformation Lib "kernel32"
Alias "GetVolumeInformationA" (ByVal lpRootPathName As String, ByVal
lpVolumeNameBuffer As String, ByVal nVolumeNameSize As Long,
lpVolumeSerialNumber As Long, lpMaximumComponentLength As Long,
lpFileSystemFlags As Long, ByVal lpFileSystemNameBuffer As String,
ByVal nFileSystemNameSize As Long) As Long

    Dim VolBuffer       As String
    Dim FileSystem      As String
    Dim SerialNum       As Long
    Dim SysFlags        As Long
    Dim ComponentLength As Long
    Dim Result          As Long

    VolBuffer = String$(256, 0)
    FileSystem = String$(256, 0)
    Result = GetVolumeInformation("C:\", VolBuffer, 255, SerialNum,
ComponentLength, SysFlags, FileSystem, 255)

    If Result = 0 Then
    'Can't Find out the Serial Number of the Hard Drive
    End If

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Hard Drive Serial number

 Thanks for the help!

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. Hard Drive Serial Number/Total Drive Size

2. hard drive serial number

3. Reading the Hard Drives Serial Number

4. Hard Drive Serial Number

5. Hard Drive Volume Serial Number

6. Reading the hard drive's serial number

7. Hard drive serial number

8. How can I get the serial (or other) number of my hard drive through VB

9. How can I get the serial (or other) number of my hard drive through VB

10. API call for hard drive serial number

11. Hard Drive Serial Numbers

12. Hard Drive Serial Numbers