Start and kill an application behind Visual Basic
Author Message
 Start and kill an application behind Visual Basic

Hi...

I've to start and then kill an application (in my case Trumpet winsock)
behind a Visual Basic 4.0 program.
I start it with the shell command and it doesn't work (netscape works
fine!). How can I start an application, give it focus, see if it's
opened/active and then kill???

!Please help help me!

[e-mail reply please]

...greetings from Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain!

Diego Dal Cero, from Tanga.Coca-Cola Club Interbar

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Start and kill an application behind Visual Basic

Quote:
>I start it with the shell command and it doesn't work (netscape works
>fine!). How can I start an application, give it focus, see if it's
>opened/active and then kill???

"See if it's opened/active and then kill", does this mean check if it's
possible to run the app?

Anyway, you say you can do it with Netscape. What goes wrong when you try
it with Trumpet Winsock?

--
VB Info: http://www.sn.no/~balchen/vb/visual.htm
FAQ: http://www.sn.no/~balchen/vb/faq.htm

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Start and Kill an application.

3. Using visual basic controls outside a Visual Basic application

4. Preparing Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications for the Upgrade to Visual Basic.NET

5. Killing an App started by IE in turn started by VB App from VB

6. kill a process from visual basic

7. Visual Basic 5: Kill process

8. Visual Basic 6 Development Environment - Thread killed on compiling

9. How to kill a Thread in Visual Basic??

10. !HELP - Listing and Killing processes and programs in Visual Basic

11. Visual Basic 5 service pack...killed my VB5 enterprise

12. Visual Basic Application to Web Application